Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover pre-approval

tag
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Discover pre-approval

I just went to check Discover for apre-approval, it looks like the one they used to use has changed. Here's what I go when I entered my info. Has anyone tried the Discover pre-approval site recently? Here's the link https://www.discovercard.com/application/fmo?execution=e1s1

I have not yet applied

Here's The Card We Found For You

The Discover it card is changing the game.

Your Offer
  • No Annual Fee*
  • 0% Intro Purchase APR* for 14 months and then 10.99%– 22.99% Standard Variable Purchase APR.
  • 0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by July 10, 2014 and then 10.99% – 22.99%Standard Variable Purchase APR.*
  • 3% of the amount of each transfer .
  • * See rates, rewards and other info
EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

@NursePurse wrote:

I just went to check Discover for apre-approval, it looks like the one they used to use has changed. Here's what I go when I entered my info. Has anyone tried the Discover pre-approval site recently? Here's the link https://www.discovercard.com/application/fmo?execution=e1s1

I have not yet applied

Your Offer
  • No Annual Fee*
  • 0% Intro Purchase APR* for 14 months and then 10.99%– 22.99% Standard Variable Purchase APR.
  • 0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by July 10, 2014 and then 10.99% – 22.99%Standard Variable Purchase APR.*

I noticed this last night, too.  Unfortunately, it looks like they are taking a US Bank approach and giving generic "offers" instead of preapprovals.  Based on the above giving you an APR range and not a specific rate, the lack of "congrats, you are prequalified for...." and the lack of the opt out prescreen message makes me trust this ZERO.  I would put no faith in it at all, unfortunately.  I have a feeling it's going to be a "you almost have to know going in" approach like US Bank.  I'm not a fan of their new prequal as it offers little to no indication of approval.

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 2 of 44
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

I have not yet applied

Your Offer
  • No Annual Fee*

I noticed this last night, too.  Unfortunately, it looks like they are taking a US Bank approach and giving generic "offers" instead of preapprovals.  Based on the above giving you an APR range and not a specific rate, the lack of "congrats, you are prequalified for...." and the lack of the opt out prescreen message makes me trust this ZERO.  I would put no faith in it at all, unfortunately.  I have a feeling it's going to be a "you almost have to know going in" approach like US Bank.  I'm not a fan of their new prequal as it offers little to no indication of approval.

Thanks for your input. I fell for the US bank "pre-qualified" offer afew months ago. I know they are not solid pre-quals, but I totally agree with not getting the "Congratulations" message.

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 3 of 44
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@NursePurse - I just did the same thing and got the same message tonight where a week or two ago I got the message they could not find a card.  Interesting...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 4 of 44
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Lol I just went back there and entered  Joe Schmoe info and they had a card for him too Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 44
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@NursePurse wrote:

Lol I just went back there and entered  Joe Schmoe info and they had a card for him too Smiley Surprised

They had the Discover IT preapproved for "Whata Day Mang Jr." as well!

Message 6 of 44
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

they had a card for me as well...after being denied 2 weeks ago

Message 7 of 44
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

They had the Discover IT preapproved for "Whata Day Mang Jr." as well!

haha 

Message 8 of 44
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

It's actually kind of sad that it's useless now. Chase, Citi , Amex and Barclay all have pretty solid prequal links. I think there may be a rise in "Discover approval odds" threads and for good reason. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 9 of 44
mrvoicelc
New Contributor

Last week I got a Congratulations you are pre-approved message and after reading this thread I tried it again and was offered 15 months at 0% and after that 10.99% but no congrats...just a button to apply...

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.