Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover pre-approval

tag
always41319
New Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

Yes, I do realize that it's a great offer, but my income is not more than $10K right now. I only work part-time and live with my parents--who don't make me pay rent but also don't give me any sort of allowance lol.

Paypal MC - $7,200 (12/13) | TJX MC - $10,000 (5/14) | Torrid - $3,000 (7/14) | Discover IT - $11,000 (11/14) | AMEX BCE - $5,000 (11/14) | Victoria's Secret - $2,850 (6/15) | Barclays Rewards MC - $10,800 (7/15) | AMEX ED - $7,500 (9/15) | Chase Freedom - $3,500 (6/16) | Maurices - $1,000 (6/16) | Citi Double Cash - $6,300 (7/16) | Ulta Rewards MC - $2,250 (7/16) | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $4,000 (4/17) | David's Bridal - $3,500 (11/19) | Capital One SavorOne - $8,000 (1/20)
CU Auto Loan - $10,684 - 60 Months @ 2.14%
Federal Student Loan - $28,218/$32,000 - Payoff Date: 12/2023
Message 21 of 44
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Well.. Discover denied me..

Oh well\

-J

Message 22 of 44
cobbson
Regular Contributor

There should be a law against this kind of consumer deception!

Message 23 of 44
joltdude
Senior Contributor

After getting roughly 9! preapproval offers by mail.. And waiting for my third statement after my CU to post... I figured, what the heck... Filled out the online app and bam.. I was offered a co-applicant.... which i refused and was denied.. No email stating reason, it was almost immediate I got the co-app counteroffer.. Sorry Disc, Im not interested.... Now my question is why didn't I even get a "Youll be given a reason in 7-10 days" or a phone number to call.. *NOTHING*... Think im going to just give up apps and stick with my one card for the rest of the year. 

Update:

Called Discovers Recon.. Had as much luck as everyone else around here.. which is to say. None.. Too short of history... Then *why* do you keep sending me offers...

Fell for the same trap as everyone else.  (grrrh)

I really need another card reporting... Would have liked to been transferred to an analyst but.. Computer says denied.. its denied...

*eyeroll*

Message 24 of 44
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I keep getting those "We invite you to apply" discover it card mailers...... lol i refuse to fall for them! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 25 of 44
jd352
Regular Contributor

@GoodCredBen wrote:

I keep getting those "We invite you to apply" discover it card mailers...... lol i refuse to fall for them! 

I seriously get one of these every other day. Different color card, but always the Discover It card. They really seem to be wanting to push applicants to apply but I hear all too often that they get denied even with good credit for the craziest of reasons I have never heard of on a credit decision. I really don't need a Discover card so likely I won't apply. It is just surprising they are really pushing the card but not accepting as much as I would have thought. Their "pre-approval" page is really a joke. I went and used it for my wife when I was starting to build her credit for her. They said she was preapproved for the It card. She applied and was denied. What is the point of have a pre-approval process if it is useless?

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 26 of 44
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Did you know since I applied and got denied, iv gotten 5! more offers from Discover in the mail.. It is a bit absurd...

Message 27 of 44
mab463
Established Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and the others. I got these offers in the mail, and decided after getting frustrated with C1 that I'd give them a shot. I was approved for a $750 CL, which is low, but hey it seems like I got a good end of the deal.

My pre-approval came with 18.99% APR on my letter.

Capital One MC - $750 CL
Discover IT - $750 CL

Gardening since 6/18/14
Message 28 of 44
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im curious, how long have you had the Cap1?  They gave me the infamous co-app offer.. Would have wished they just offer me either a toy CL or the mythical secured Discover card... 

Message 29 of 44
mab463
Established Member

Since February of this year. I was an AU on some high util. cards of my parents but that set my AAOA to ~10 years. I was initially rejected by them but got the card on recon and then was accepted for a Discover. I never have good luck with these things, so now I'm surprised Discover accepted me at all.

Capital One MC - $750 CL
Discover IT - $750 CL

Gardening since 6/18/14
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.