cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover pre-approval

Frequent Contributor

Discover pre-approval

I just went to check Discover for apre-approval, it looks like the one they used to use has changed. Here's what I go when I entered my info. Has anyone tried the Discover pre-approval site recently? Here's the link https://www.discovercard.com/application/fmo?execution=e1s1

I have not yet applied

 

Here's The Card We Found For You

The Discover it card is changing the game.

Your Offer
  • No Annual Fee*
  • 0% Intro Purchase APR* for 14 months and then 10.99%– 22.99% Standard Variable Purchase APR.
  • 0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by July 10, 2014 and then 10.99% – 22.99%Standard Variable Purchase APR.*
  • 3% of the amount of each transfer .
  • * See rates, rewards and other info
EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval


NursePurse wrote:

I just went to check Discover for apre-approval, it looks like the one they used to use has changed. Here's what I go when I entered my info. Has anyone tried the Discover pre-approval site recently? Here's the link https://www.discovercard.com/application/fmo?execution=e1s1

I have not yet applied

 

Here's The Card We Found For You

The Discover it card is changing the game.

Your Offer
  • No Annual Fee*
  • 0% Intro Purchase APR* for 14 months and then 10.99%– 22.99% Standard Variable Purchase APR.
  • 0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by July 10, 2014 and then 10.99% – 22.99%Standard Variable Purchase APR.*
  • 3% of the amount of each transfer .
  • * See rates, rewards and other info

I noticed this last night, too.  Unfortunately, it looks like they are taking a US Bank approach and giving generic "offers" instead of preapprovals.  Based on the above giving you an APR range and not a specific rate, the lack of "congrats, you are prequalified for...." and the lack of the opt out prescreen message makes me trust this ZERO.  I would put no faith in it at all, unfortunately.  I have a feeling it's going to be a "you almost have to know going in" approach like US Bank.  I'm not a fan of their new prequal as it offers little to no indication of approval.

 

 

 


FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***



Message 2 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval


axledobe wrote:

NursePurse wrote:

I just went to check Discover for apre-approval, it looks like the one they used to use has changed. Here's what I go when I entered my info. Has anyone tried the Discover pre-approval site recently? Here's the link https://www.discovercard.com/application/fmo?execution=e1s1

I have not yet applied

 

Here's The Card We Found For You

The Discover it card is changing the game.

Your Offer
  • No Annual Fee*
  • 0% Intro Purchase APR* for 14 months and then 10.99%– 22.99% Standard Variable Purchase APR.
  • 0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by July 10, 2014 and then 10.99% – 22.99%Standard Variable Purchase APR.*
  • 3% of the amount of each transfer .
  • * See rates, rewards and other info

I noticed this last night, too.  Unfortunately, it looks like they are taking a US Bank approach and giving generic "offers" instead of preapprovals.  Based on the above giving you an APR range and not a specific rate, the lack of "congrats, you are prequalified for...." and the lack of the opt out prescreen message makes me trust this ZERO.  I would put no faith in it at all, unfortunately.  I have a feeling it's going to be a "you almost have to know going in" approach like US Bank.  I'm not a fan of their new prequal as it offers little to no indication of approval.

 

 

 


Thanks for your input. I fell for the US bank "pre-qualified" offer afew months ago. I know they are not solid pre-quals, but I totally agree with not getting the "Congratulations" message.

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 3 of 44
Established Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

@NursePurse - I just did the same thing and got the same message tonight where a week or two ago I got the message they could not find a card.  Interesting...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 4 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

Lol I just went back there and entered  Joe Schmoe info and they had a card for him too Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 5 of 44
Established Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval


NursePurse wrote:

Lol I just went back there and entered  Joe Schmoe info and they had a card for him too Smiley Surprised


 

They had the Discover IT preapproved for "Whata Day Mang Jr." as well!

ManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.com*****$20,000***********$6,500************$4,100************$3,500***********$2,500************$1,000****
EQ - 688 (10/9/13) | TU - 705 (02/18/14) | EX - 701 (10/9/13) | CS Fako - 717 (10/4/13) | CK Fako - 697 (11/05/13)
Message 6 of 44
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

they had a card for me as well...after being denied 2 weeks ago

Message 7 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval


RushXTC wrote:

NursePurse wrote:

Lol I just went back there and entered  Joe Schmoe info and they had a card for him too Smiley Surprised


 

They had the Discover IT preapproved for "Whata Day Mang Jr." as well!


haha 

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 8 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

It's actually kind of sad that it's useless now. Chase, Citi , Amex and Barclay all have pretty solid prequal links. I think there may be a rise in "Discover approval odds" threads and for good reason. 


FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***



Message 9 of 44
New Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

Last week I got a Congratulations you are pre-approved message and after reading this thread I tried it again and was offered 15 months at 0% and after that 10.99% but no congrats...just a button to apply...

Message 10 of 44