cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover pre-approval

tag

I got that stupid preapproved message too, and got all ex...

I got that stupid preapproved message too, and got all excited, thinking something had changed since I was offered a co-applicant, then denied. But my credit score is actually WORSE now than it was when I applied. Talk about wishful thinking.

Does the co applicant thing mean anything good? Is there flat out denial, or is every person deemed unworthy given the co applicant offer? I'm just wondering if the co applicant thing means I'm making some sort of progress. Of course I didn't accept, but I just want to know if I'm getting any closer.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 31 of 44
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: I got that stupid preapproved message too, and got all ex...

@triedtogetacardandcouldnt wrote:

I got that stupid preapproved message too, and got all excited, thinking something had changed since I was offered a co-applicant, then denied. But my credit score is actually WORSE now than it was when I applied. Talk about wishful thinking.

Does the co applicant thing mean anything good? Is there flat out denial, or is every person deemed unworthy given the co applicant offer? I'm just wondering if the co applicant thing means I'm making some sort of progress. Of course I didn't accept, but I just want to know if I'm getting any closer.

Naw, Unfortunately it's a nice way of saying "Get someone with good credit".

Message 32 of 44

Well, thanks for replying. I can see from your sig that you needn't ask yourself that question. Good for you.

Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 33 of 44
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Well, thanks for replying. I can see from your sig that you needn't ask yourself that question. Good for you.

Have you thought about joining the garden?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-July-2014/td-p/3216524

When you reach your goal, It really opens a lot of doors Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 44

I'm not applying for anything for six months, so yes, I've thought about it. I still want a Discover, though, and this is incredibly annoying, as you well understand. Well, maybe not that well, since you have the card I can't get.

Message 35 of 44
TheFate
Established Contributor

Funny story about me was the Discover IT card was where I set my goal. I said one day i'll get that card! (Not sure why, just caught my attn)

I've never gotten any preapprovals at all in the mail from them, then last week I was curious and browsed their website. I never entered ANY info in as I feel I'm not ready yet.

Then suddenly today I get a Maroon envelope stating they wanted to introduce me to Discover IT and hope they've earned my interest.

0% 14 mo 10.99-22.99%

I'm not gonna lie I was really tempted but I'm not falling for that bait, I'm gonna wait it out for now

Message 36 of 44
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval

Do not always trust pre approvals I have used all those pre approval tools and have found no offers. At age 21 I now have a Amex blue cash everyday, chase freedom, discover it, and most recently a premier rewards gold Amex without pre approvals (online or in the mail) for any of them. Fico score 750

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 37 of 44

At this point I really could care less about Citi or Chas...

At this point I really could care less about Citi or Chase. And I included Amex in my bankruptcy and they're completely out of reach right now. So... I just want a Discover. 

Message 38 of 44
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

Funny story about me was the Discover IT card was where I set my goal. I said one day i'll get that card! (Not sure why, just caught my attn)

I've never gotten any preapprovals at all in the mail from them, then last week I was curious and browsed their website. I never entered ANY info in as I feel I'm not ready yet.

Then suddenly today I get a Maroon envelope stating they wanted to introduce me to Discover IT and hope they've earned my interest.

0% 14 mo 10.99-22.99%

I'm not gonna lie I was really tempted but I'm not falling for that bait, I'm gonna wait it out for now

This is what happened to me with my American Express BCE. I was about to come back into the garden last year, I wanted the BCE badly, But I thought I wouldn't get approved, So I didn't try.... The same day I posted in the GC that I was back, I got a letter from American Express with a reservation code for BCE... So I said "Why not?" and I tried it and got approved.... :3

Message 39 of 44
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: At this point I really could care less about Citi or Chas...

At this point I really could care less about Citi or Chase. And I included Amex in my bankruptcy and they're completely out of reach right now. So... I just want a Discover. 

I don't know, Citi Simplicty is a badass card! You can BT money into your own checking account with offers like 18 months no interest... That can be extremely helpful for saving up and stuff.

I plan on taking out $8,000 every 18 months and begin putting those into CD's while I pay it off then keep increasing it so I can have money later on in life incase anything were to happen.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.