Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover purchase protection

tag
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Discover purchase protection

Anyone ever use this?

My daughter had her new laptop on the floor and yes. .a bowling ball fell into it. Umm not a good combo.

We purchased it using a discover It card. Will they replace it? Anyone used it and know how it works? Is Just under 90 days. We bought it black Friday.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Discover purchase protection

Call in and talk to them. I'm not sure if that department that handle such claims is open on the weekends though.

They may ask you to send it in at your expense, or they will just ask you to get it fixed at a repair center and send them the bill. If it's broken to the extent that it can't be fixed, then most likely you just need to send it in and they will reimburse you the money.

Depending on the claim amount and your account standing with discover, the claim process can sometimes be quite a torture. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to give an update. They were very good to work with.
They took the info over the phone. Then they emailed a few papers to sign. We took the computer to a local repair shop to get an estimate as required. We scanned the signed paperwork, quote, and some pics showing the damage. A few days later they sent an email confirming the claim results and are mailing us a check to pay for the repair work of $370.

glad I paid with the discover! Very satisfied!

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 3 of 4
agent_bob
New Contributor

@mountainmom wrote:
Just wanted to give an update. They were very good to work with.
They took the info over the phone. Then they emailed a few papers to sign. We took the computer to a local repair shop to get an estimate as required. We scanned the signed paperwork, quote, and some pics showing the damage. A few days later they sent an email confirming the claim results and are mailing us a check to pay for the repair work of $370.

glad I paid with the discover! Very satisfied!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us all. I'll definitely keep this in mind when considering making a big purchase!

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.