Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover question

tag
mbj81380
Established Member

Discover question

I've had my Discover card for about 9 months with the same tiny limit ($500) on it.  It's my main card that I use during the month and then pay off or 90% pay off.  I've asked for credit limits but am always told that they'll have to pull a credit report, which I would prefer not to do.  I'm in the process of buying a house and don't want any inquiries on my report right now.  My file is a little thin, but no baddies, 90% available credit, perfect payment history with all lenders.

So here's my question...I called and talked to a rep about all of this the other day and she told me she couldn't do anything without pulling my report, so I stopped the whole process.  Now, when I log into my account and click on the CLI button (one day it'll work for me!!), it says one is already being processed.  I've never seen this message before, even when I've talked to customer service reps before.  Any input?  Did she put it through even though I asked her not to?

Current Scores: 680 Credit Karma, 721 Credit Sesame, 705 MyFico, 715 Discover CMS
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Essence
Contributor

Re: Discover question

Was it your first time pressing the button? I've seen on the forums before people have received that message after pressing the button three or four times. I'm not sure what it means though, if anything.
Message 2 of 3
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover question

I think you should call and vaguely ask if there is a CLI increase in progress on your account? Don't tip the rep off that you didn't iniate it unless it turns out that it is a hard inquiry.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.