Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover question

tag
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Discover question

I called credit rep today and she told me to call back tomorrow being that its 3 months. My UTL is 7% on my reports but on my discover right now I have 2400 on 6000 CL. On my US bank card just got increased from 500-5000 but hasn't reported that yet should I go for the CLi now before my increase reports or pay down my discover bal. I've read that discover factors in all available credit

SIlver:

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover question

@Stonemanmv wrote:
I called credit rep today and she told me to call back tomorrow being that its 3 months. My UTL is 7% on my reports but on my discover right now I have 2400 on 6000 CL. On my US bank card just got increased from 500-5000 but hasn't reported that yet should I go for the CLi now before my increase reports or pay down my discover bal. I've read that discover factors in all available credit

Pay down debt and wait for your CLI to update IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

With Discover its a YMMV. Paying down debt and letting your new CLI is always positive. If you don't want to wait for your CLI to report you could always try again after it update. From my conversation with the CSR there isn't a timeline you have to wait before you can try again.
Message 3 of 14
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

That's what I thought. I think I remember reading people getting declined for to much over all credit

SIlver:

Message 4 of 14
Buckeye07
Established Member

Is discover cli request soft? And usually through who?

Message 5 of 14
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Thanks myjourney , thanks lexie. I've been charging 2500-4500 every month and pif so may it won't matter

SIlver:

Message 6 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They will try to give you a CLI with a sp first. If you are not eligible, they'll ask your permission to review your cr -HP. You have the option of withdrawing the request or allowing the HP.
Message 7 of 14
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure it's SP if not its a no go.

SIlver:

Message 8 of 14
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

If I get a CLI on this card I will have a SP CLI on every card with in the last month. Thanks to everybody the info is awesome I can't thank enoughSmiley Happy

SIlver:

Message 9 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

I got a CLI with a SP so it's a case by case basis. Most of the times they check their system first to see if there are any offers or eligibility

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.