Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover question

Update:

Scheduled the payment from my WF checking account on the discover app and the payment was reflected on my account this morning when I woke up. So Friday payments will not be held for processing through the weekends if made on.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this information on Discover's website. Hope it helps.Smiley Happy

Payments Other Than Cashback Bonus Redemptions

Bank Payments made by 12:00 midnight Eastern Time, except your Statement Closing Date, will be credited to your account effective as of that same day. Bank Payments made by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on your Statement Closing Date will be credited to your account effective as of that day. Bank Payments scheduled for a future date will be credited on the scheduled date.

Bank Payments made online may be modified until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the day such payment is scheduled. Same day Bank Payments made online after 5:00 p.m., may be modified until midnight Eastern Time of that day.

Bank Payments will be withdrawn from your bank account within one to three business days following the date such payment is made or scheduled.

Up to 2 Bank Payments using different bank accounts can be made per day.

Bank Payments returned for insufficient funds may be resubmitted up to two more times for payment. A returned payment fee in the amount set forth in your Cardmember Agreement will be assessed only once for a returned Bank Payment regardless of the number of times that such payment is submitted.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent! Thank you so much! If I try paying on a Saturday or Sunday, it won't reflect that on the app until Monday, but when it shows up it does show as being paid on the day I sent it. Just won't reflect on my balance or available credit
Message 13 of 17
AAstra
Regular Contributor

The payment may not clear until after the weekend, but as far as Discover is concerned, it is paid on the date you hit the payment button. No worries about a "late or missed" payment here.
FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wasn't worried about a missed payment because I make multiple payments a month. It's already cleared from my bank and on discovers site
Message 15 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
my discover statements cut on the 27th of each month. This is the first time that's fallen on a weekend for me. I just made a payment today (Friday morning) now that is supposed to post to my account same day. Question is will it not be til Monday until it posts or will that payment be reflected on my statement when it cuts on Sunday morning?

Depending on how long you've had the account. Initially when I first got my account it was credited properly but there was a hold on the avialable funds. Once they establish a pattern for you then it's usually reflected the next day, for me it is anyways. 

Isn't the hold just an impact on available credit.   So let's say your CL is $2000, your current balance is $500, and you pay $450.    AFAIK, assuming you pay before the deadline on Discover's site, the payment will post that day, your balance will be $50 (and this is what will be reported when the statement cuts).  Depending on your history, your available credit may stay at $1,500, but the balance should reflect the payment.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Your balance is lowered to reflect the payment but your available credit is held until they clear it. That's how it's worked for me with cap1
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.