Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover question

tag
Hortilux
Valued Member

Discover question

Kind of weird but I applied for walmart discover and got denied. Then I went to the discover site and applied for a discover more and got approved. Is it harder to get the walmart discover than a non branded one? Also since I was approved for a discover more can I apply for the miles discover as well, and will I get approved since I was already approved for the more card?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Discover question

Hi!

I would call the Walmart Discover people since you already took the hit for the inquiry and try and recon.  ALOT of times with GEMB (backs Walmart Discover) there is a verification or security process where they need to just verify some info and then it's approved. I would try calling them first before applying or doing anything else at this point..

Good Luck

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Walmart Discover issued by GEMB so different lender than Discover card from Discover.  As for more than one Discover, I am not sure of the rules.  However, don't think that approval for one card necessarily means approval for 2nd card.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Discover More card and, when I app'ed for the regular Walmart Card to get the free FICO score, I got the dreaded 7-10 day reply.  BUT, because I had learned from you good folks here at myFICO®, I knew to call in right away.  They just wanted to verify my information then they told me what my limit was going to be -- imagine my surprise when in the mail here came the Walmart DISCOVER card!!!   Very cool--Smiley LOL 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.