Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover question

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover question

Got mine last month. EX & EQ in Fl. Still watching to see if the OP pulls the trigger. I'm still stunned I was approved 13 months out of BK. Congrats Sheridan!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bit the bullet and hit the button. I was approved with a SL of $1400. Lower than I would like and didn't get the 12 month 0% promo. However, I am happy to finally be

approved as Discover was the last bank I wanted to get in with. I will use it for 90 days and see what kind of CLI I can get. Thanks to all that chimed in.

Message 12 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

$1400 is a foot in the door.  Just treat them well with attention every month and it will grow with time.  Sometimes they will make you question your sanity while trying to figure them out but, it's worth the insanity in the long run.  They're more difficult to get in with but, they payoff with persistence is nice.  They gave me an opener of $4500 with a 744 EX score while AMEX gave me $11K out of the gate.  Of course knowing the tricks with AMEX it grew exponentially in short order while Discover trotted along for a year catching up to AMEX doing a 3X CLI in 3 months.  If they want to be a tortoise and AMEX is the hare then so be it.

Message 13 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I bit the bullet and hit the button. I was approved with a SL of $1400. Lower than I would like and didn't get the 12 month 0% promo. However, I am happy to finally be

approved as Discover was the last bank I wanted to get in with. I will use it for 90 days and see what kind of CLI I can get. Thanks to all that chimed in.

Congrats! Gotta start somewhere with these guys. Man they are hard to figure out. We'll see when the 90 comes up.

Message 14 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

You know Discover entertains APR reductions as long as your not in the promo period.... From what I gather, its every 6 months....

Should give it a try ....

-J

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.