Contributor
gp82402

Discover question

I recently applied for the Discover Open Road. My application is still pending so I'm assuming I will get a call to verify identity soon as I have a fraud alert on my credit report. They pulled TU my score according to myfico is 698. I've been thinking that I would rather have the Discover More. My question is if I call to check my application status can I ask to be considered for the More without another hard pull? Has anyone attempted this? If not and I do get approved for the Open Road does Discover do product changes? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Contributor
gp82402

Re: Discover question

[ Edited ]

Just a quick update. I received a call from a rep at Discover. Asked me a few question about income and things on my cr and I WAS APPROVED!!! I only got a limit of $1000 but that's ok. I've been wanting to be a part of the Discover family for years!

So I've decided to see how I like the Open Road card but am still wondering if Discover does product changes just in case I decide the More will be more beneficial for me. And if they do what the requirements are to do a product change.

Super Contributor
DI

Congrats!

Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2

Now use the crud out of this card, and they will probably give you auto-CLI's every 3 to 4 months :smileyhappy:

Congrats!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel

Congrats! Happy to hear that you've been accepted into your chosen credit family! :smileyhappy:

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Contributor
daytrade5

Congrats!!! I've heard good things about that card.

Contributor
gp82402

Thank you for all of the congrats! It feels good to have a REAL credit card! I've worked hard over the last year to improve my credit (which was in the low 600's). It's great to to see the improvements in my scores and to be able to qualify for a card that I actually want. I also just got the Amazon visa on a recon with a limit 3k (I buy everything from Amazon. I'm sure my UPS man thinks I have a problem LOL). So now its time to garden and take good care of these cards so they can take good care of me! Next stop.....700 Club!!!
New Contributor
addicted_to_credit

I was approved in March for the open road decided the more card fit me better called csr said no problem at my next statement it was a Discover More easy and painless

Starting Score: Jan 2011-600TU 598 EQ
Current Score: 769 TU 732EQ 750EX Lender Pull
Goal Score: 755 and higher across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
gp82402

Thanks for the info! That's awesome. Its good to know its that easy!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}