Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover question

I recently applied for the Discover Open Road. My application is still pending so I'm assuming I will get a call to verify identity soon as I have a fraud alert on my credit report. They pulled TU my score according to myfico is 698. I've been thinking that I would rather have the Discover More. My question is if I call to check my application status can I ask to be considered for the More without another hard pull? Has anyone attempted this? If not and I do get approved for the Open Road does Discover do product changes? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover question

Just a quick update. I received a call from a rep at Discover. Asked me a few question about income and things on my cr and I WAS APPROVED!!! I only got a limit of $1000 but that's ok. I've been wanting to be a part of the Discover family for years!

So I've decided to see how I like the Open Road card but am still wondering if Discover does product changes just in case I decide the More will be more beneficial for me. And if they do what the requirements are to do a product change.

Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Now use the crud out of this card, and they will probably give you auto-CLI's every 3 to 4 months Smiley Happy

Congrats!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Happy to hear that you've been accepted into your chosen credit family! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 9
daytrade5
Contributor

Congrats!!! I've heard good things about that card.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all of the congrats! It feels good to have a REAL credit card! I've worked hard over the last year to improve my credit (which was in the low 600's). It's great to to see the improvements in my scores and to be able to qualify for a card that I actually want. I also just got the Amazon visa on a recon with a limit 3k (I buy everything from Amazon. I'm sure my UPS man thinks I have a problem LOL). So now its time to garden and take good care of these cards so they can take good care of me! Next stop.....700 Club!!!
Message 7 of 9
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I was approved in March for the open road decided the more card fit me better called csr said no problem at my next statement it was a Discover More easy and painless

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! That's awesome. Its good to know its that easy!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.