cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover "Pre-Approved" Application online... This is not it right? Quick please!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover "Pre-Approved" Application online... This is not it right? Quick please!!

I just did the pre-approval and got 

Recommended Offer

That is NOT the "Pre-Approved" right?

I thought that said Congradulations we have "Blank" Offer for you... and in past I just got "Sorry we don't have offers for you"

is this the new Pre-Approved Verbage or are they switching it up to confuse me to apply but it's not really a solid offer??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Discover "Pre-Approved" Application online... This is not it right? Quick please!!

Here's a whole thread about the discover pre-approval site.  Some interesting info there

Discover Pre-Approval

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover "Pre-Approved" Application online... This is not it right? Quick please!!

Maybe it's real!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey CA!!

If you have a firm offer for credit with Discover, it will distinctly say...." Congratulations!!! You are pre-approved for the following offers..."

I just checked on line because I've been getting offer after offer from them to apply.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Hey CA!!

If you have a firm offer for credit with Discover, it will distinctly say...." Congratulations!!! You are pre-approved for the following offers..."

I just checked on line because I've been getting offer after offer from them to apply.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

to the poster to check other thread, this is exactly what I was talking about ---- "CONGRATULATIONS, based on the information you provided you ARE PRE-APPROVED for DISCOVER MORE"----

This message I pulled from other thread just above and then same as "Improvingmycredit posted...

Makes me think they are trying to trick me to apply but it's also not what it use to say when you had "No" Offers... so what's up with that!

I need to look up when I applied last... I did it with out pre-approval which I always say "Not to do!" and the credit rep I spoke with after said just to much debt and to recent of baddies... 

hmmm

Message 5 of 11
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yah I know it, seems to be kind of a misleading way to display the info, trying to get folks to app for their cards.  Tiny print at the top saying they couldn't find any offers for you........Then all these HUGE adds for their "recommended cards".  I'm sure in the heat of the moment plus excitement, they get alot of folks to app this way.  Smiley Frustrated

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will show no offers if you are either not approved or if you didn't click on the few questions they ask you first, like they ask how your credit is. So of you click those couple of questions and are not preapproved then you get there the ones they suggest because of what you put in before you submit it. You can do it both ways and see what i am talking about..

Message 7 of 11
journey258
Frequent Contributor

If you click "see all offers" at the bottom of the screen you may very well see that "I'm sorry..." Message many of us are used to. They just changed the layout to get more people to apply

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 8 of 11
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I've had the Congratulations offer and been denied when I apped before.  I'm now getting mailed offers so I'm hoping it's safe.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would just go for it CA, you know the excitement is going to be too much and to be honest, you can't be a true creditaddict without all the prime lenders HP's on your reports!

DOOOOEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.