Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Discover "Pre-Approved" Application online... This is not it right? Quick please!!

I just did the pre-approval and got 

Recommended Offer

That is NOT the "Pre-Approved" right?

I thought that said Congradulations we have "Blank" Offer for you... and in past I just got "Sorry we don't have offers for you"

is this the new Pre-Approved Verbage or are they switching it up to confuse me to apply but it's not really a solid offer??

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
BrokaToe

Re: Discover "Pre-Approved" Application online... This is not it right? Quick please!!

Here's a whole thread about the discover pre-approval site.  Some interesting info there

Discover Pre-Approval

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Senior Contributor
drkaje

Re: Discover "Pre-Approved" Application online... This is not it right? Quick please!!

Maybe it's real!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX ? FICO, EQ 708 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

Hey CA!!

If you have a firm offer for credit with Discover, it will distinctly say...." Congratulations!!! You are pre-approved for the following offers..."

I just checked on line because I've been getting offer after offer from them to apply.  :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 798, EX 780, TU 787 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K, TotalRewards 18K

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

improvingmycredit wrote:

Hey CA!!

If you have a firm offer for credit with Discover, it will distinctly say...." Congratulations!!! You are pre-approved for the following offers..."

I just checked on line because I've been getting offer after offer from them to apply.  :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps!

to the poster to check other thread, this is exactly what I was talking about ---- "CONGRATULATIONS, based on the information you provided you ARE PRE-APPROVED for DISCOVER MORE"----

This message I pulled from other thread just above and then same as "Improvingmycredit posted...

Makes me think they are trying to trick me to apply but it's also not what it use to say when you had "No" Offers... so what's up with that!

I need to look up when I applied last... I did it with out pre-approval which I always say "Not to do!" and the credit rep I spoke with after said just to much debt and to recent of baddies... 

hmmm

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
BrokaToe

Yah I know it, seems to be kind of a misleading way to display the info, trying to get folks to app for their cards.  Tiny print at the top saying they couldn't find any offers for you........Then all these HUGE adds for their "recommended cards".  I'm sure in the heat of the moment plus excitement, they get alot of folks to app this way.  :smileyfrustrated:

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
billy0226

It will show no offers if you are either not approved or if you didn't click on the few questions they ask you first, like they ask how your credit is. So of you click those couple of questions and are not preapproved then you get there the ones they suggest because of what you put in before you submit it. You can do it both ways and see what i am talking about..

Frequent Contributor
journey258

If you click "see all offers" at the bottom of the screen you may very well see that "I'm sorry..." Message many of us are used to. They just changed the layout to get more people to apply

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

I've had the Congratulations offer and been denied when I apped before.  I'm now getting mailed offers so I'm hoping it's safe.  

Mega Contributor
LS2982

I would just go for it CA, you know the excitement is going to be too much and to be honest, you can't be a true creditaddict without all the prime lenders HP's on your reports!

DOOOOEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+