Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover "Switch Now"

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Discover "Switch Now"

I logged into Discover.com today and there was a big link wanting me to switch from my "more" to the new "motiva" account.  Apparently all I have to do is submit the request and it'll become effective Nov 6th.  Anyone else get this or do the switch ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover "Switch Now"

@n777ua wrote:

I logged into Discover.com today and there was a big link wanting me to switch from my "more" to the new "motiva" account.  Apparently all I have to do is submit the request and it'll become effective Nov 6th.  Anyone else get this or do the switch ? 

I've read a few posts where people have said Discover plans to axe the More in favor of the IT...not sure how true this is..

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 32
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've heard the same, it may be on the chopping block.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 32
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I wonder if you don't switch, what will they PC current card holders to?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Do you mean IT or Motiva?! Did it offer and better terms??
It's funny that everyone here says they are trying to switch everyone to the IT card, buy whenever I app'ed for Discover recently, the IT card wasn't even advertised on the website....
I wanted/was approved for the Motiva anyway hahhaa :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Any*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 32
flowfaster
Established Contributor

What is the motiva, a balance transfer card?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 32
ajh5408
Contributor

Received a mailer a few days back to switch my More card to a Miles... Even included a bonus to do so. Seems the theories that More will be axed may very well be legitimate...

Message 8 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Basically...

15 mos 0% on purchases and BTs....

and I get a cash back bonus of 5% of interest paid.. but I won't be paying interest. haha :-D

Message 9 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Motiva is just a card to carry a balance on AFTER your into period ends. You get the usual. 25% CB until 3000 spend then 1% on everything. Other than that you get 5% CB on interest PAID. IE: if you pay $5 in interest, you get $0.25 in rewards. Not really anything great.
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.