Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover "shopping for food and fun"?

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Discover "shopping for food and fun"?

What exactly are they alluding to here? Most people would assume restaurants, but it sounds more like groceries to me

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover "shopping for food and fun"?

It will be restaurants plus something else. The photo for that quarter even shows people eating at a restaurant!

Message 2 of 9
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
What exactly are they alluding to here? Most people would assume restaurants, but it sounds more like groceries to me

That would just be fantastic if it was both......please Discover? Please? 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

It will be restaurants plus something else. The photo for that quarter even shows people eating at a restaurant!

Just in time for the US Bank Cash + Nerf!

Message 4 of 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

One would assume that they mean restuarant and food....But who knows. Let us know what you find.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be absolutely prime if it included both restaurants and grocery stores. Is there any way that we can make it happen? Haha

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be absolutely prime if it included both restaurants and grocery stores. Is there any way that we can make it happen? Haha

Yes it would!

Imagine all the ice cream buying possibilities. $1,500 worth.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hehe I like the way you think ;-)

However, Discover and Freedom etc. have too tight limits to be of any decent value. The 5% categories are just there to lure the sheeple into using this specific card and then have them use it for the worthless 1% for other transactions, too.

Message 8 of 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it would!

HAHA!

I had a chat with a Discover rep. She told me it doesn't include grocery stores. At least we have Chase for the first quarter.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.