Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover recon did nothing to improve first offer

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Discover recon did nothing to improve first offer

I was told to call after I get my card and and they would  see about giving me a better deal. I called and they said I'm sorry but I can't change anything. Your more than welcome to call  in the future and ask again. I guess my debt is the main problem here so I will work on paying it down and call when I have lower balances. Also there is still a 120 day late showing up from sears from 05, he said that was not hurting me it was all the new cards I have applied for lately and my debt. I guess I'm stuck at 22.99% for a long time. Discover does not impress me at all. This is the worst offer I have received all year.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover recon did nothing to improve first offer

@cats63 wrote:

I was told to call after I get my card and and they would  see about giving me a better deal. I called and they said I'm sorry but I can't change anything. Your more than welcome to call  in the future and ask again. I guess my debt is the main problem here so I will work on paying it down and call when I have lower balances. Also there is still a 120 day late showing up from sears from 05, he said that was not hurting me it was all the new cards I have applied for lately and my debt. I guess I'm stuck at 22.99% for a long time. Discover does not impress me at all. This is the worst offer I have received all year.

I'd take that offer over the denial I got Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Would you prefer a decline? At least you got your foot in the door with a leading lender. Your credit worthiness may not support extending you more favorable terms. Discover is good, give it six months and have them revisit your APR.

Message 3 of 9
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I probably should not have told them it was the worst offer I received all year and IM not happy but  I'll keep it and work on my debt. I guess I  just expected more because my credit report has been getting better this year. Thanks for the wake up call mxp I would definitely prefer to be approved than be denied.

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What is your score?

what is the limit

Did you think you would get a 0% BT offer for something? why is the 22% on purchasea a problem?

I feel other then Nordstrom I have never really seen very many instant recon on interest rate, annual fees, etc.

Message 5 of 9
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Do you have a balance on your Discover card yet?  It's amazing what they'll do for you once you have a 0 balance with them and your credit improves...  I had a pretty big balance with them for years and they jacked up the APR and rarely budged on lowering it until my credit got better.  Once I paid it off, I was getting a bunch of offers from them and even an unsolicited CLI!  Just keep working on your credit and things will improve Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@hyprble wrote:

Do you have a balance on your Discover card yet?  It's amazing what they'll do for you once you have a 0 balance with them and your credit improves...  I had a pretty big balance with them for years and they jacked up the APR and rarely budged on lowering it until my credit got better.  Once I paid it off, I was getting a bunch of offers from them and even an unsolicited CLI!  Just keep working on your credit and things will improve Smiley Happy

If I'm not mistaken the OP was approved last week and they said this today "I was told to call after I get my card"

Message 7 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Good luck, I'm sure they will treat you well after six months history.
Message 8 of 9
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

My score was 682 when I applied and my limit was 1,000.   I have not used this card yet, 0 balance.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.