Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover reporting AU's?

tag
nymets010
Valued Member

Discover reporting AU's?

I was added to my grandparents Discover card on Aug 28. The statement cuts and gets reported on the 26th of the month. Its still not showing on my credit report yet. I have called them and they have sent 2 off cycle reports and still not showing. Anyone have any experience with this? I have gotten mixed informtoin on whether or not they report AU's. Even talking to Discover, some of their reps say yes and some say no.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
OhMyCredit
Valued Member

Re: Discover reporting AU's?

Discover does indeed report AU. My DH is an AU on my account and Discover shows on his credit report.

Starting Score: EQ 545
Current Score: EQ 694, TU 690, EX 647(Oct 2011), TU08 693
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I just checked my credit report and I can see Discover on my EQ and TU. I'm an AU and today is the first day the card reported, I think it's just a matter of few days with EX. I also can tell you that YMMV with being AU period. I find that now my address is the same as my girlfriend since we moved in together and I'm showing AU accounts pop up now vs. not being on my credit report earlier. I think that you almost have to have same address as most of the companies that you allow AU do not ask for social security number so they do have to reference you somehow. CAP1 and Amex comes to mind that have asked for my social when adding AU and they appeared on my report. Other cards have not until now..they are slowly popping up though ever since address change last week.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 3 of 6
dude11
Regular Contributor

Its been said before that Discover can be slow to report. I was approved for a Discover More with a co-signer and did not show up on my reports till 3 months after getting it. So it may be that it will take some time before it shows up. YMMV.

Message 4 of 6
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I show up on EQ and TU for my DW's Discover card but not EX, which really hurts my util on EX.  It also gives me a lower AAoA on EX.  Is there a way to get EX to show my AU on Discover?  I have been an AU for over 10 years.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 5 of 6
nymets010
Valued Member

I originally thought it was just Discover being slow to report, but after calling and speaking with a rep, they did an off cycle report and i was told that the CRA's get that instantly. But it isnt showing on any of the CRA reports so i dont know. As far as the address goes i didnt think that would matter as Discover does have my SSN. There are websites where you can pay (large amounts of money, by the way) to be added as an AU to various accounts and i cant imagine that they make everyone change there address. It has been very frustrating as my mid fico is 619, so i am so close to qualifying for a mortgage and i think the AU card will get me the rest of the points that i need.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.