Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover reporting issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover reporting issues

@Underh20 wrote:
Discover was the only card that reported on my credit report within hours of getting approved for the card. 

then they report agin after there is some activty on the account, before the first statement, then the other time they post twice is a cli like others say

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

GEMP/JCP  (JCPenney) was reported as a new account within 24 hours.

The other interesting thing on this account is that it was a TU inquiry.  All of my other GEMB's (Rooms to Go & Care Credit) were exclusively EQ pulls.

And it appears that JCPenney actually manages the credit even though it is backed by GEMB?  When I call for Care Credit or Rooms to Go the phone goes to a "Welcome to GE Money Bank"  but for JCPenney it is answered by JCPenney and they also appear to be involved in the credit decisions.

GEMB gave me $14k and $6.5k but JCPenney saw fit to only allow $350.  I think I read that JCPenney is historically known for low limits.  Is this par for course or is this much lower than normal initial limits?

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-25-2009 05:11 AM

My opening CL with JCP was $300 I believe. After being dormant for 13 yrs. CL dropped to $100. After using the card a couple of times I received a CLI to $1000, 3 months later CLI to $1800, 4 months later CLI to $2700. I have been notified now that I have reached the limit of credit available for this card. No more CLIs...maybe because it gets so little use??

After having your card for 3-4 months click the luv button on their web site...you should receive CLI every 3-4 months.

Message 12 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My opening CL with JCP was $300 I believe. After being dormant for 13 yrs. CL dropped to $100. After using the card a couple of times I received a CLI to $1000, 3 months later CLI to $1800, 4 months later CLI to $2700. I have been notified now that I have reached the limit of credit available for this card. No more CLIs...maybe because it gets so little use??

After having your card for 3-4 months click the luv button on their web site...you should receive CLI every 3-4 months.

That might just mean you have reached the limit that is available to you right now. At some other time you might get more. Some use would most likely be a plus.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That might just mean you have reached the limit that is available to you right now. At some other time you might get more. Some use would most likely be a plus.

I thought that too until I received their letter in the mail giving me the reason for denial. It states that my request "exceeds the fixed maximum credit line for this program".

Interesting side note...While jewelry shopping this weekend with my daughter the clerk suggested that I apply for a JCP credit card in order to receive a discount on the jewelry purchase. When I told her that I already had a JCP cc she replied that "many people have 2 or 3 cards".  For some reason I find that odd...just wondering if anyone here has more than 1 JCP card?? 

Message 14 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I think that was her sales pitch!  Who would even need 2 or 3, especially with the higher int rates of store cards?  Often those people in retail get a few bucks for every charge app they take.

I remember about 20 yrars ago I worked at a Fashion Bug.  The Dist. Manager wanted us all getting 5 apps every day!  I asked what we get for it....we got nothing...he got $20.  Needless to say, I didn't work there long & rarely asked if anyone wanted to app.  What did they expect for $5.an hour??? What a joke!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

I think that was her sales pitch!  Who would even need 2 or 3, especially with the higher int rates of store cards?  Often those people in retail get a few bucks for every charge app they take.

I remember about 20 yrars ago I worked at a Fashion Bug.  The Dist. Manager wanted us all getting 5 apps every day!  I asked what we get for it....we got nothing...he got $20.  Needless to say, I didn't work there long & rarely asked if anyone wanted to app.  What did they expect for $5.an hour??? What a joke!

You're probably right. I was a bit taken aback by her suggestion as I couldn't imagine anyone wanting more than one of their cards. Thinking about it now though, since I received the notice that I've reached the maximum CL allowed for my card, what if I wanted to make a large furniture purchase from them? ( I can't imagine ever doing this, just a "what if") Maybe then it would make sense to apply for a new card.

Message 16 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

When they say "max for your program" that sounds pretty terminal. I am sure they have a way of giving you credit for a major purchase. 

The clerk could be a little confused with her terminology. If Penney is anything like Macy's they will have multiple "accounts" available, but you would only have one card. At Macy's you can have a whole bunch of accounts: store account, major purchase accounts, of which there are many types, jewelry accounts and a Visa account. They all tie together under one plastic card, but the terms are all different, including potential promo's. At Macy's every time they open one of these different types of accounts for you it will report as a separate TL on you CBR. It can be a little bewildering, but it works. Penney has to have some way of delineating major purchases - how they do it is not clear to me though. I think I once had a Penney card, but it is long gone - probably 15+ years ago.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not only true of Discover...Most of the charges I make (on Discover or MC or Visa)

don't appear on the online account "Recent Activity" page/tab for 2-3 days. Very frustrating

because the technology is available to provide almost instantaneous updates. The FBI

seems to be able to find out within minutes of a transaction the location, amount of purchase,

type of merchant etc, etc. (at least in the movies and TV). It would be great if the customer

(account holders like you and me) could get similar "real-time" updates/notifications.

I do find that if you call the Customer Service Center for your account and figure out how to

actually speak to an account rep, the info they have is WAY MORE up to date than what

is displayed on the "Recent Activity tab.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.