cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover reports AU activity differently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover reports AU activity differently?

"two issuers—including Discover—report authorized users’ activity differently from that of the account holder."

How so?

Anyone an AU for someone else's Discover?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover reports AU activity differently?

Interesting...

I used to be an authorized user on my wife's discover card way back in 2007. I can't recall any special or unique reporting relationship back then. Maybe things are different now? I'm looking forward to the replies, since now I want to make my wife an AU on MY Discover card. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've never been tied in with an AU. but I would have thought it reported the same

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"two issuers—including Discover—report authorized users’ activity differently from that of the account holder."

How so?

What's your source for this info?  Make sure you always consider your sources.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How so?

Discover's website... Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 13
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How so?

I looked all over Discover's website and couldn't find that phrase, where on their site did you find it?

Message 6 of 13
redpat
Senior Contributor

I have an AU on my account no different reporting, Amex is the only one that I have that reports AU spend separately, but IDK about Citi.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, both hubby and myself on both of ours.  I never noticed a difference.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How so?

I looked all over Discover's website and couldn't find that phrase, where on their site did you find it?

I was curious so I looked it up my self. 

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/resources/credit-scores/building-credit/authorized-user-and-credit-scores?gcmpgn=0809_ZZ_srch_gsan_txt_2&srchQ=authorized%20user&srchS=internet_cm_corp&srchC=internet_cm_fe&srchP=1

"According to a poll conducted by Nerdwallet[2], two major U.S. credit card issuers do not report authorized users’ activity at all, three issuers report to all three bureaus, one issuer reports only positive information, and two issuers—including Discover—report authorized users’ activity differently from that of the account holder. So make sure that being added to someone’s account actually does something to build your credit."

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't make sense. I am AU on bf's Discover and he is AU on my Discover. Nothing reports differently at all.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.