Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover request to activate new card

tag
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover request to activate new card

I  called Discover as soon as I saw it yesterday and followed up with a secure message.... they are saying that it was a mass error that will be corrected in an unspecified amount of time...fyi

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 21 of 25
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

I got it too.  Pat of it (the top banner saying a new card is on its way) is gone.

But the "activate card" buttons are there.  Two of them.  Taunting me.

-SM

Smiley Wink

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 22 of 25
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

same thing with me. i was beginning to panic as i really, really dont want to deal with a new account number (and i love the number too), in addition to having to wait a 7 to 10 business day period to start using it over. (i don't know if they would rush delivery in this situation)

i do know however, i had to wait like two entire weeks for both my walmart discover and my barclaycard. almost two weeks for RZMC. was pissed about this. (ge has the worst customer service. their fraud department was quite rude to me as one rep was trying to get me to admit somehow to fraudulent charges that where obviously not my charges.) if it weren't for the free tu fico score in addition to my walmart card being a discover allowing for cash over, it would be closed already.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 23 of 25
kukatharine
Established Member

Message 24 of 25
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I had the message too - still have it. I called customer service and talked to a nice lady in Arizona that said it was a mass glitch and no card is on the way.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.