cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover's 2nd Quarter, where you guys going to eat this weekend?

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover's 2nd Quarter, where you guys going to eat this weekend?

My Disc. is lost in the SD.  Even though it's 10% I moved all my restaurant spend to CSP.  Spend is about 1k a month so three months and $1,500 isn't going to be a big deal.

I would rather have the UR points.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

My Disc. is lost in the SD.  Even though it's 10% I moved all my restaurant spend to CSP.  Spend is about 1k a month so three months and $1,500 isn't going to be a big deal.

Personal preference obviously trumps any other reason, but for the sake of pure mathematics, Discover has the potential to be significantly more rewarding. .02x3000=60 while .05x3000=150. That's a huge jump. Also if you're in the first year with discover that 150 will become $300. Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted your post. When I grow up I hope to have a CSP as well lol

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stand corrected already as each quarter is only 1500 cap for discover.

Message 23 of 26
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I stand corrected already as each quarter is only 1500 cap for discover.

Also each UR point is worth 2 cents.  So it's 30 bucks.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 24 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Personal preference obviously trumps any other reason, but for the sake of pure mathematics, Discover has the potential to be significantly more rewarding. .02x3000=60 while .05x3000=150. That's a huge jump. Also if you're in the first year with discover that 150 will become $300. Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted your post. When I grow up I hope to have a CSP as well lol

All things being equal, this is true.  

However, the value proposition changes, say, if you're 5,000 URs away from a UA Star Alliance premium international redemption.  In this case, those 5,000 URs to meet the redemption is worth considerably more than the 1 cpp monetary value, since Chase no longer offers URs for sale to round up redemptions.  

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going here this weekend!!

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 10.22.03 PM.png

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.