Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover's 4th quarter

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Discover's 4th quarter

Don't know if this was posted yet but Discover's 4th Quarter looks like it's going to be Amazon.com, Department Stores and Clothing Stores.

I'm a bit disappointed as although clothing stores is a new one, they have Amazon and Dept Stores now, so that's pretty blah that it's the same til the end of the year. "Online shopping" was much more broad and appealing last year in Q4 but I guess that was too general and appealing to last!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover's 4th quarter

It can stay in the SD then just like it is this quarter. Have 2 SMs for Amazon spend....

Message 2 of 37
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up kdm!  I agree with you, I’d prefer “online shopping” as the 4th quarter category as well.  However, I do shop Amazon a lot and I’m losing weight so the clothing stores and department stores may help me out. 

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 3 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I just think it's lame that the only change from this quarter is Clothing instead of Home Improvement. Amazon and Department stores make sense for the holidays I guess, but bleh.

Message 4 of 37
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

It can stay in the SD then just like it is this quarter. Have 2 SMs for Amazon spend....

You didn't sign up for double cashback for the year? 10% is better than 5%.. lol

Message 5 of 37
yfan
Valued Contributor

I agree that online shopping was a much broader category last year, but you have to admit 6 months of 5% on Amazon.com (10% if you got the double promo) is pretty sweet. This competes with the Amazon store card and Sallie Mae.

Message 6 of 37
yfan
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

Thanks for the heads up kdm!  I agree with you, I’d prefer “online shopping” as the 4th quarter category as well.  However, I do shop Amazon a lot and I’m losing weight so the clothing stores and department stores may help me out. 

Cat Happy I'm losing weight too!

Message 7 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah the amazon will be nice for holidays for sure and I wanted some clothes soon anyway so 10 percent with my promo will be nice. The categories could sure be far worse. Was just hoping for generic online shopping. And ive never seen them change the categories so little between quarters
Message 8 of 37
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Kenny wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

You didn't sign up for double cashback for the year? 10% is better than 5%.. lol

No I didnt, by the time I heard about it was already closed to current card holders... Oh well better luck next time LOL  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tough crowd.
Just think it could be chase freedom, talk about narrow categories.
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.