Did you mean: 

Discover's 4th quarter

tag
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: Discover's 4th quarter

@Anonymous wrote:
@ petrovius
Do bars get coded as restaurants, even if they don't serve food? I'll admit I never paid attention...i think I owe you a drink.

Thinking back on last year I think most my online spend was Amazon anyway.

Santi...didn't even think of that, I need a new fridge. Heads up discover deals has 10% at sears right now.

Lol the first thing I did after I posted that was check Discover Deals to see what Sears was at. I also noticed it expires 8/31 Smiley Sad Hopefully it will be back come October for some double dipping as I am not quite ready to shell out that much cash after dropping about $2,500 at Home Depot last week Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 37
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Don't know if this was posted yet but Discover's 4th Quarter looks like it's going to be Amazon.com, Department Stores and Clothing Stores.

I'm a bit disappointed as although clothing stores is a new one, they have Amazon and Dept Stores now, so that's pretty blah that it's the same til the end of the year. "Online shopping" was much more broad and appealing last year in Q4 but I guess that was too general and appealing to last!

Ugh, that's two overlapping quarters with Freedom.

Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@ petrovius
Do bars get coded as restaurants, even if they don't serve food? I'll admit I never paid attention...i think I owe you a drink.

Thinking back on last year I think most my online spend was Amazon anyway.

Santi...didn't even think of that, I need a new fridge. Heads up discover deals has 10% at sears right now.

Lol the first thing I did after I posted that was check Discover Deals to see what Sears was at. I also noticed it expires 8/31 Smiley Sad Hopefully it will be back come October for some double dipping as I am not quite ready to shell out that much cash after dropping about $2,500 at Home Depot last week Smiley Very Happy

I'm bummed a little... spent $600 on a basic refrigerator at sears.com last month.  5% quarterly + 5% portal * doubling = $120 in cashback, which I thought was great.  If I could have waited until now, it would have been $180 in cashback!

Chris.

Message 23 of 37
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Saying "Sears has a sale" is akin to saying "Hell has no cover charge right now"
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 24 of 37
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

Thanks for the heads up kdm!  I agree with you, I’d prefer “online shopping” as the 4th quarter category as well.  However, I do shop Amazon a lot and I’m losing weight so the clothing stores and department stores may help me out. 

Cat Happy I'm losing weight too!

I lost some weight too!!!

Unfortunately I found it and got it back. Smiley Mad

Meh on 4th quarter 5%, I'm not a big Amazon or Dept store shopper. Oh well, I gave it a pretty good workout on home improvement - new gas grill, fridge, etc.

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

Hmmm...I guess I could get that new washer and dryer I've wanted from Sears when it rolls around! Or a new tv...or some tools...hmmm...

Dept stores is on this quarter too, right? 

Message 26 of 37
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Hmmm...I guess I could get that new washer and dryer I've wanted from Sears when it rolls around! Or a new tv...or some tools...hmmm...

Dept stores is on this quarter too, right? 

Right!

Message 27 of 37
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:
Saying "Sears has a sale" is akin to saying "Hell has no cover charge right now"

LOL, that's the truth! I've been wanting to use my Discover for a sizeable purchase at Sears (10% cashback for using Shop Discover, 5% for the department store category, then double it all when the double cashback promo concludes next year, WOW!) They not only keep having "sales" on the item I want, but the sales, at least online, are different every day or two. Really irritating watching the item I want go up $100 in price the day after I found it, but then I just kept logging in every day and checking again until it finally dropped back to what I'm willing to pay.

I don't much like Sears, but I sure do love Discover!

I'm a little disappointed in both the narrowness and the overlap of the 3rd and 4th quarter categories, too, but with the doublecashback and the shopping portal, everything is GOOD!

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan to use the 10% discover deals along with the 5% dept store quarter, on a new fridge. Ooh yeah...and it will double. Anyone know if I can combine with a 10% off coupon, or will it screw things up?
Message 29 of 37
Brax
Frequent Contributor

It's disappointing they couldn't include Electronics stores like their competitors usually do in Q4.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.