Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover's 4th quarter

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover's 4th quarter

@Brax wrote:

It's disappointing they couldn't include Electronics stores like their competitors usually do in Q4.

Right, but there's a way to have your cake and eat it too here. Any electronic you can find at other stores you can probably also buy on Amazon. But what if the price is lower at another store. Buy it on Amazon, then file a Price Protection claim with Discover, and they will give you the difference back. :-)

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I plan to use the 10% discover deals along with the 5% dept store quarter, on a new fridge. Ooh yeah...and it will double. Anyone know if I can combine with a 10% off coupon, or will it screw things up?

I wondered the same thing, but I went ahead and used the 10% coupon anyway, and got the portal cash, too.  YMMV.

Chris.

Message 32 of 37
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Brax wrote:

It's disappointing they couldn't include Electronics stores like their competitors usually do in Q4.

uummm... you have US Bank Cash+. You can sign up for Electronics stores any quarter you choose to...

Cash+ Electronics.jpg

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

How odd, no Sears listing available under my Discover Deals. :-/

Message 34 of 37
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How odd, no Sears listing available under my Discover Deals. :-/

I haven't checked yet this morning, but yesterday the Discover Deals portal was badly broken. Of the 33 home and garden vendors that are usually there, there were only TWO left! And both Sears and Home Depot were gone. The whole portal was messed up like that.

Discover says it's a known problem and said they didn't know when it would be fixed, but everything should be back eventually!

Message 35 of 37
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

Thanks for the heads up kdm!  I agree with you, I’d prefer “online shopping” as the 4th quarter category as well.  However, I do shop Amazon a lot and I’m losing weight so the clothing stores and department stores may help me out. 

I've been using Clothing Stores on one of my US Bank Cash+ cards. I wear through a lot of walking/running shoes, so its nice that shoe stores are considered clothing stores.

It seems a bit strange for Discover to have Clothing Stores in the 4th quarter. 1st and 3rd quarters are the best times to buy clothing (Starting February and August, which is when the hot weather and cold weather lines of clothes come out, ie best selection available). By October its rather late to be buying new school clothes for the kids, or replacing worn Fall/Winter work clothes.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 36 of 37
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

Thanks for the heads up kdm!  I agree with you, I’d prefer “online shopping” as the 4th quarter category as well.  However, I do shop Amazon a lot and I’m losing weight so the clothing stores and department stores may help me out. 

I've been using Clothing Stores on one of my US Bank Cash+ cards. I wear through a lot of walking/running shoes, so its nice that shoe stores are considered clothing stores.

It seems a bit strange for Discover to have Clothing Stores in the 4th quarter. 1st and 3rd quarters are the best times to buy clothing (Starting February and August, which is when the hot weather and cold weather lines of clothes come out, ie best selection available). By October its rather late to be buying new school clothes for the kids, or replacing worn Fall/Winter work clothes.

Holiday is really busy for clothing stores (either for gifts or giftcards) so it -kind of- makes sense but maybe you're not shopping for yourself. It could also be good for the day after Christmas to take advantage of all the awesome day after Christmas sales! Clothing probably makes the most sense for Q3 (back to school) though. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.