Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 's Latest CLI Form

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Discover 's Latest CLI Form

You're one step closer to a credit line increase.

Enter your information below to help us determine how much of a credit line increase you may be eligible for.

After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent. .

Doesnt give you the option of requesting a specific amountSmiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 's Latest CLI Form

Most likely it will be a hp and give you $500

Message 2 of 11
greatdane88

I did mine that way on Friday morning and they said we'll get back to in 48hrs.  They called backed 4 hours later with an increase from 1000 to 3500, not much but YMMV.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah that's nice ! 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it, although I cancelled it when I figured they would hp, they called the next day to verify that I cancelled the request.
Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

isbn't the point that if they need hp they will call you before doing it?

Message 6 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The form's verbiage has changed a bit, but the experience is the same. Put in your info and it will try to give you a SP CLI.

If it can't, the next page will ask you about a HP and will proceed only with your consent, just like it says.

I went through this form recently and it gave me a $1500 SP CLI, just like all my other Discover increases that have always been SP.

So in conclusion they can HP you but not always and they'll ask first. You can still fill out the form and try, and cancel if they want a HP.

Message 7 of 11
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

I put mine in, it said they would get back to me in 48 hours and I haven't heard back yet. This was about 40 hours ago.
Message 8 of 11
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@cottoncrown wrote:
I put mine in, it said they would get back to me in 48 hours and I haven't heard back yet. This was about 40 hours ago.

Was your last CLI less than 90 days ago?

Message 9 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I cancelled the process because it said "a CR might be needed" and i got a CLI from 6.6k to 7.9k about 2 days later.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.