Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover's Zip Sticker

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Discover's Zip Sticker

One of the benefits of being a Discover Card holder is being the first to use new products.  Discover is giving away to its cardholders upon request mobile zip stickers.

I just ordered mines and cannot wait to use the latest invention.

http://www.discovercard.com/customer-service/account/zip/?asmpgn=0111_TWI_ZIP_001

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover's Zip Sticker

I think it's really neat! But just yeasterday I was reading an article on yahoo, where the interviewed an ex-credit card thief. He now helps the fbi or hoever catch crooks, and he was saying something about how information is easier to steal with these type of devices. I don't know how accurate it is, just sharing some info that may be useful. I do think it's a convienent way to pay though.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: TU 764 EQ 721 EX 768
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 9
CorporalCaptain
Valued Member

I keep my debit card and one credit card with an RFID chip in protective sleeves to keep them from being skimmed. 

Personally I wouldn't be so happy to have an RFID enabled sticker on anything that I couldn't easily shield.

But that's just my view.

USAA World MasterCard - $14,500
American Express SPG - $20,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa Sig - $20,000
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $5,000
Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a thread about Electronic pickpocket​ing .

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 9
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I am very wary of these touchless payment methods. I don't think they offer ANY real benefit over the swiping (which is easy and convenient). I have heard of scamming methods with these chips. Maybe they're safer than I think but I have a chip on my Amex Blue Cash and have never used it. I just don't like the idea of remote access to my credit card information.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using the Discover Zip card and the Zip sticker card for a few weeks now. I find it convenient to use at Best Buy and fast food places such as McDonalds and Jack in the Box. Most people are surprised when I use the small sticker card because I don't even have it attached to anything.

Message 6 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got two of those stickers from Citi and I never used it. I called them to request one because it is free.Smiley Very Happy

I just called them to request one (Not the sticker) and it's is on the back of the Discover Card.

Ron.

Message 7 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

BE SURE to check out "Thought your credit cards were safe?" in the Credit News section of this forum at http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Thought-your-credit-cards-were-safe/td-p/810858

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.