Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured card!!!! Offer

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover secured card!!!! Offer

OMG - you have tickled Creditaddict's fancy somehow.  He's all starry-eyed now ... and he wants it BAD!

Message 11 of 86
marquez1042

It also says

Here’s how the Discover it® Secured Credit Card works
Set your credit line
Make a security deposit between $200 and $2,500.
Use your card responsibly
Pay at least your minimum payment due on time, every month.
Build your credit history
We report your payment history to the 3 major credit bureaus, so responsible use can help build a good credit history. Missing or late payments may result in a negative credit history.
And enjoy
Your card includes cash back on every purchase, 100% U.S. service, a mobile app and so much more. All with no annual fee.
Message 12 of 86
marquez1042

FAQs
I’m a good customer. Why wasn’t I approved for the other card?
We know good customers come with different credit ratings. And if you don’t meet the credit criteria for an unsecured card today, you still deserve a chance to build credit for tomorrow. Discover welcomes responsible customers who are just starting with credit or want to build (or re-build) a credit history. You’ll get a letter with specific reasons why we couldn’t approve you for an unsecured card. But we hope you’ll enjoy earning cash back with a Discover it® Secured Credit Card and apply today.

Discover offers a unique set of secured credit card benefits, all with no annual fee. Plus you enjoy cash back on every purchase, 100% U.S. service available any time, no late fee on your first late payment and more.

The secured credit card can help you build a credit history because we report your payment history to three major credit bureaus, like any credit card. Good payment history and making at least your minimum payment on time each month can help build a good credit history. Missing or late payments may result in a negative credit history.

No, your credit card will not say “secured” on it. It will look the same as the card you selected on the original application.
Message 13 of 86
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I guess the question that more than likely looms in Creditaddict's head is whether this secured card would eventually become unsecured.  IIRC, he took a leap of faith on a Logix CU secured CC.

Message 14 of 86
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

CreditAddict hasn't replied yet because he's rushing to app. Smiley LOL
Message 15 of 86
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

LOL you all are killing me... I was driving!!!
Message 16 of 86
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
CreditAddict hasn't replied yet because he's rushing to app. Smiley LOL

LOL... he's either on the phone with their recon department or he's allocating some funding from his bank to be ready once he hits the submit button.

Message 17 of 86
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CreditAddict

I don't think driving would stop you from submitting an app.
Message 18 of 86
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I already have a joint discover... I/we don't need another!
Message 19 of 86
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CreditAddict

But there's nothing like having one of your own. Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.