Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured card!!!! Offer

tag
txmetalhead
Established Member

Re: Discover secured card!!!! Offer

I applied for Discover it Student card tonight (went on an app spree!) & offered the Discover it Chrome secured. Not sure what the "Chrome" means...is it just the color? Anyway, I made a post earlier today about the CapOne Journey card I was approved for & listed my blemishes ...anyway, since Secured offers a great reward system I took it for the minimum! Smiley Happy Rep said it graduates in 12 MO & I'll receive back my deposit then. Also, for those curious, I feel it's worth noting that they currently don't offer the option to increase your deposit in the future (to increase your CLI) like Cape Secured BUT they will be adding that feature in the near future! I'm NOT the ideal picture of credit worthiness so let that show you it MAY be possible for some of those with doubts to get approval Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 618 EQ / 629 CK
Current Score: 618 EQ / 629 CK
Goal Score: 700 for ALL 3 CRAs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 81 of 86
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Discover family!

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 82 of 86
taxi818
Super Contributor

The discover matrix is offered by continental finance. They have been shut down by the federal government many times and came back under new names. They are worst of the worst. Save your credit. Don't apply for the matrix. They are nit discover. Just sing their network. 

Message 83 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was offered the Discover It Secured Card after being denied the unsecured version immediately online. I accepted and it took me to a screen to choose the security deposit amount. I chose $200.00 to start. It asked me to verify my bank information by either uploading a bank statement or a voided check. I chose to upload the voided check. My account was debited the $200.00 on May 21st. I checked online yesterday, May 25th, and it asked me to call to verify a few pieces of information. I called this morning, May 26th, and the representative said that it was a standard message. I asked him if I could add money to increase the credit line after I receive the card and he stated that I could with no problem. I would just need to re-enter my bank account information and they would ACH it from my bank account. I also asked if the card graduated. He stated, "I'm glad you asked! I am very pleased to let you know that the secured card does graduate to unsecured after 12 months. We review the account, without your request, to see if you are eligible to upgrade to unsecure. If you are, we automatically upgrade you and your deposit is refunded to you. If not, we check every month after the 12 month period to see if you can upgrade." That totally made my day! I'm glad to finally have my foot in the door with Discover!

Message 84 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes discover will refund a check of your entire deposit, and the discover it card will eventually become un secured, regular. Only if you've been consistent, and paid on time for a number of months. But after it becoming un secured it will stay at whatever you deposit on the card until you request increases, which will be hard due to your score. i keept putting deposits once in a while sooo i wouldn't have such a low credit limit before it bacame un secured.

Message 85 of 86
WhiteJD41
New Contributor

Does anyone know the magic credit score to get the secured card ?

Message 86 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.