Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secured

@ddemari wrote:

Dang, I'm not applying for anything right now but I would love to get in with them. Last time I applied for Discover It miles, they pulled TU and I thought I golden, but denied with a 724. 

Really? I was just approved for 5500 at 710 (regular It though, not sure if they underwrite the miles differently). Though, on the other hand, I was approved Jan 4, and they still haven't managed to get the card to me, so maybe they're just messing with my head...

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!!! I was approved for Discover it secured after entering the amount of the 2 deposits they made into my checking account. They said they would withdrawl the security deposit in 2-3days then it will be held for 8 days after which they will mail me my card so they estimate it will arrive in 2weeks how awesome is this!!!! Im gardening!!!!! I was gardening before but Discover It secured got me Discover is my dream card!!!!!

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was instantly approved for a $1,500 Discover IT with a collection on the report 

Message 23 of 32
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They must have high standards for it, only reason I was declined because "recent delinquency" knowing that I don't have any recent delinquent accounts I called them. She cited a capital one charge off that is a year old and a First Primer charge off from 4 years ago. she said having any past due account on a report automatically doesn't qualify. I told her that Barclay gave me a 1500$ limit card last month and they are a prime bank like discover and she said we cant offer the card if you don't qualify, so applicants beware! 610 was my EQ as well. I'll just stick with barlcays then.

Did you have a past due balance? Are the charge offs you have unpaid? If so, it seems they want you to have all accounts settled (pais charge off) before they approve you.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else had luck getting the Discover It secured card? If so welcome to the club and congratulations to each and everyone of you!

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

new direct app for Discover Secured

I noticed that you can now apply for the Discover IT secure directly from their site (rather than it only being a counter-offer to a declined non-secure).

Has anyone applied? I searched and wasn't able to find anything recent. Was hoping for some data points to see if its worth trying for (was denied with no counteroffer for Discover IT non-secured 3 months ago).

Message 26 of 32
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone else had luck getting the Discover It secured card? If so welcome to the club and congratulations to each and everyone of you!

Gave it a whirl thinking might have a chance to get my foot in the door with them this way. Declined reason: BK. Done trying to get in with them at this point. Cap One, Synchrony and Barclays seems to love me so I will give them my business and Discover take a flying leap. Good luck to others who try and congrats to the ones who get their in with them. 

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

How recent was your BK? Was Discover included? 

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

CKA321, I have an entire other thread about this
Message 29 of 32
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

My experience:

I applied for the secured card online and at first my "application was not received by them". I started to call, but then realized that the name of my street is listed in some databases as one word, but I've been using the two-word version for many years. Last year, when I would apply for the regular IT card it would reject the version I was using. So I resubmitted the application using the one they recognize and it went through. I'm just waiting to verify the deposits they initiated into my bank account to verify it, then we will go from there. I only applied for a $300 cl, just to get in the door. Will add more funds later once my account gets established -- if approved Smiley Tongue

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.