Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured

I apped about 3 times in 2015 for the regular it card and was denied because of a 2 year old charge off and high loan balance to ratio. Scores at the time 650-680 now my scores are just about 700 on all three. Anyone with seven hundred applied at all for the secured card. I want the card but I don't want it to be a card that will never grow remaining a high apr. Can these secured cards grow after graduation and if so can it be possible that after graduation on the discover card can it be just like the regular it cards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover secured

Discovers Secured card can/does grow after graduation.. and it starts off with most of the benifits and cashback of the unsecured discover.. Interest is on the high end of the range but this is pretty much a PIF card anyways...

Once it unsecures, its a normal discover card. and yes you can ask for interest rate reductions as well as CLIs.. and discover will do APR reductions.. if qualified =)

-J

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you joltdude. If qualified I hope it's not like capital one that does temporary apr reductions
Message 3 of 4
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discover has both types of APR reductions... ... sometimes they offer a promotional APR reduction thats ultralow to even 0 apr offers, and then they offer nonpromo apr reductions. You cannot get a regular APR reduction while in a promo APR period however..   Ancedotally iv heard a few folks have gotten an APR reduction on graduation... but I cannot confirm that ... 

http://208.74.204.68/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Discover-SP-CLI-and-APR-Reduction/td-p/3887099/page/2

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.