Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured

I just got approved for a discover secured card and i wanted to know how long it actually takes to recieve your card in the mail
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secured

Welcome to myFICO forum! Unfortunately, I wouldnn't know. You'd have to contact the bank.

Message 2 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Probably within 7-10 days, like most. But maybe sooner in some instances.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 7
betax
New Contributor

Tim2tim

I have one and it takes about 14 days from time you were approved. It takes a few extra days because they have to verify the deposit from bank account is clear ect.
Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 7
briarguitrau
New Visitor

I applied for my Discover Card on 08/15. When I applied I was shocked that I did not get an instant denail. I had a Discover Card seven years ago, and was stupid with it. I am kind of shocked that Discover is giving me another chance.

I called on 08/16 and made my deposit. After completed my banking info I called to see what my next steps where. The rep placed me on hold, and came back a minute later and told me I was apporved. My deposit came out of my account on 08/18. Waiting time is eight days. On 08/24 I checked the status again, and now it shows that I am approved. I called Discover back to see when I would actually get my card. The rep told me 2-3 business days. I will be looking out in the mail for the card. From what I have read the card comes USPS Frist Class. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been approved and the deposit has been in since the 15th. I just got an email monday (the 22nd) saying my card will reach me in 3-5 days and then tracking shows in myUSPS that it should be here tomorrow. So about 10 days.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had one, it took 14 days for me to get the actual card. Once they received my deposit it took 5 days from that time BEFORE they send out the card then another week or so before I got the card. 

Just a thought - not sure where you are with your credit repair... but with me, I was able to repair my credit really quickly, within 1 month I had a score jumped of between 50- 100 points on all my credit reports. With these score increase I was able to get high limit prime cards right away and at the end I didnt need the secured card from Discover and actually had to close it with the $300 limit. 

Good luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.