Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover sending me ATLEAST one pre-approval letter a week

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Discover sending me ATLEAST one pre-approval letter a week

So I'm wondering if this is happening with anyone else.

I get pre-approval letters from Discover atleast once a week. This week so far, I've gotten 2 already, and its only Tuesday. Does Discover really want my business or do they do this with everyone?

I have no ties with them right now. I would apply but I'd like to get something else first before Discover, because Discover isn't as widely accepted around here.

Also, my pre-approval letters doesn't say what kind of Discover card it is. The only indication of what type of card it is the picture of the card which says "Discover Cash Back". Is this their More card?

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover sending me ATLEAST one pre-approval letter a week

With your scores, you should be able to get a couple prime cards. Discover is a good one to have. No AF, rewards, great CS.

Message 2 of 19
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

O and the weird thing is when I go onto their website to check if I have any pre-approved offers, it comes up with NOTHING.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a couple pre-approvals from Discover every week for the More Card, so it's not just you.  I did go to the website and I was pre-approved there too.

Message 4 of 19
tcbofade
Super Contributor

If you're carrying a balance on another card, a zero percent intro rate from Discover might be worth it.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 19
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Na, I started not carrying a balance a month ago.

I was carry a balance before that, but I was PIF a few times a month. Didn't know I would still be charged interest. Now I know better. 

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting last fall Discover sent me a pre approval mailing at least once a week until I finally apped for their card so it is not just you.

Message 7 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I get Discover offers all the time.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 8 of 19
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I just got my first Discover pre-approval a couple of weeks ago, but the website did not show any offers for me.  Out of curiosity (because of this thread), I went back to the website and it shows that I am now pre-qualified for the Discover more.  Smiley Happy

Hopefully the rest of 2012 spent in gardening will result in many more offers for prime cards!

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 9 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

So I'm wondering if this is happening with anyone else.

I get pre-approval letters from Discover atleast once a week. This week so far, I've gotten 2 already, and its only Tuesday. Does Discover really want my business or do they do this with everyone?

I have no ties with them right now. I would apply but I'd like to get something else first before Discover, because Discover isn't as widely accepted around here.

Also, my pre-approval letters doesn't say what kind of Discover card it is. The only indication of what type of card it is the picture of the card which says "Discover Cash Back". Is this their More card?

More than likely yes. I would go for it if your files and INQ's are OK.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.