Did you mean: 

Discover sent CLI Decline Letter?!?

tag
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

Discover sent CLI Decline Letter?!?

Hello All.

Question for those of you that are aware of Discovers practices:

About 2 weeks ago, I was chatting with discover via online chat: Asked about a CLI and if I was eligble for a SOFT-PULL.

She walked me through the steps, and eventually informed me I would need a HARD-PULL to do one.

I kindly said no-thank you, and that was the end of the conversation.

The other day in the mail, I got a CLI Decline letter, with their reasoning.

I'm confused....why would this arrive if I never gave the approval to run my credit?

*My online credit monitoring service (Eliminate ID Theft) hasn't shown any new inquires, however....

THANKS! Smiley Happy

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover sent CLI Decline Letter?!?

@Jansroom726 wrote:

Hello All.

Question for those of you that are aware of Discovers practices:

About 2 weeks ago, I was chatting with discover via online chat: Asked about a CLI and if I was eligble for a SOFT-PULL.

She walked me through the steps, and eventually informed me I would need a HARD-PULL to do one.

I kindly said no-thank you, and that was the end of the conversation.

The other day in the mail, I got a CLI Decline letter, with their reasoning.

I'm confused....why would this arrive if I never gave the approval to run my credit?

*My online credit monitoring service (Eliminate ID Theft) hasn't shown any new inquires, however....

THANKS! Smiley Happy

The decision is based on a soft pull which they tried first to approve you with. If you dont get what your are asking for or dont qualify for the best terms a card has to offer you must be sent a letter...

Adding: A sp does not require your approval they can soft anytime as a current creditor.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.