cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover sent me a gift! (And it's not a CC)

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover sent me a gift! (And it's not a CC)

I have with Discover for about a year and a half. Never kept balance. Used everywhere discover is taken (regardless of 5% or not). Always PIF. 

Didn't get anything at all from them. I wonder why.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 21 of 24
titanofold
Established Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@CreditControl wrote:

Yes!  My husband and I both received this gift card.  But did I read correctly in the responses here that there may be a $2 fee for USING the joyous gift card????

No, no, no. Don't worry. Use it and you'll get the whole amount for your coffee or whatever you purchase.

I think the $2 or $2.50 that people are talking about is only if you let the card sit without use for a year or more.  I've personally never seen anything like that, but I have used Discover gift cards and always gotten full value and no funny fees.

Correct. The fee is for NOT using the gift card for a year. The inactivity fee slowly saps the life out of the gift card.So...

USE IT NOW!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 22 of 24
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@krial wrote:

I received the $5 Starbucks card as well from Discover.

There is one Starbucks about 55 miles away, and the next one is 95 miles...

Rather worthless for me.

I didn't know places ike this existed. In an intersection by house there are literally three starbucks within 400 ft of each other , then two more less than a mile away. But alas, no card for me Smiley Sad.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 23 of 24
adushenka
Valued Member

Yep, 1 got mine after three months and my wife just got one as well.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.