Regular Contributor
codesingh

Re: Discover sent me a gift! (And it's not a CC)

I have with Discover for about a year and a half. Never kept balance. Used everywhere discover is taken (regardless of 5% or not). Always PIF. 

Didn't get anything at all from them. I wonder why.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Established Contributor
titanofold

Gunnar419 wrote:

CreditControl wrote:

Yes!  My husband and I both received this gift card.  But did I read correctly in the responses here that there may be a $2 fee for USING the joyous gift card????

No, no, no. Don't worry. Use it and you'll get the whole amount for your coffee or whatever you purchase.

I think the $2 or $2.50 that people are talking about is only if you let the card sit without use for a year or more.  I've personally never seen anything like that, but I have used Discover gift cards and always gotten full value and no funny fees.

Correct. The fee is for NOT using the gift card for a year. The inactivity fee slowly saps the life out of the gift card.So...

USE IT NOW!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)621 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)682 (FCR)/673 (CS)
TransUnion588 (CK)664 (CK)
Frequent Contributor
unc0mm0n1

krial wrote:

I received the $5 Starbucks card as well from Discover.

There is one Starbucks about 55 miles away, and the next one is 95 miles...

Rather worthless for me.

I didn't know places ike this existed. In an intersection by house there are literally three starbucks within 400 ft of each other , then two more less than a mile away. But alas, no card for me :smileysad:.

Last App December 7, 2013. Gardening until May 20, 2014
Current Score: 720 EX 714 EQ 712 TU 12/10/2013Goal Score: 720 across the board
Established Member
adushenka

Yep, 1 got mine after three months and my wife just got one as well.

Revolving: BofA Cash rewards, Cap1 QuickSilver, Discover IT, Chase Freedom Visa Signature, DCU Visa Platinum
Car Loan: AHFC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}