Valued Contributor

Re: Discover sent me a gift! (And it's not a CC)

DaylightSlaving wrote:

So after collecting my mail today, I opened an envelope from Illinois to find a Discover It themed card from (you guessed it) Discover. 

The left side of the card reads: "We're so glad to have you as a cardmember."
Attached on the opposite side is a Starbucks gift card, and when removed, the back side reads "Enjoy a $5 treat on us. #discoverjoy" Awesome!

Personally, I think this is rad. I know it's not a huge deal, but I'll take it considering I'm a level 10 caffeine addict. Also, I find it hilarious considering Chase Freedom has a 5% bonus on Starbucks purchases this quarter. LOL Take THAT Chase! :smileytongue:

Has anyone else received phat lootz from Discover, or any other CCC for that matter? Any stories out there?

(For the record, the back of the card says "Starbucks is not a sponsor of this program.") 

Congrats:smileyhappy: on your gift!!! They dont lover me, I didn't get anything

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 828 (03/11/2015) Discover TU Fico - 826 (03/03/2015) EX Fico - 821 ( 03/01/2015 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 12 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 828 *** TU 826 *** EX 821 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Regular Contributor

I also received a $5 Starbucks gift card from Discover yesterday, pleasant surprise.

Now off to get my venti chai tea latte...

EQ: 714, TU: 704, EX: 685
Most used: Barclay Sallie Mae, NFCU cashRewards
Hotel cards: Chase IHG, Hyatt
Rarely used: AmEx BCE, Discover it
New Contributor

DaylightSlaving wrote:

So after collecting my mail today, I opened an envelope from Illinois to find a Discover It themed card from (you guessed it) Discover. 

The left side of the card reads: "We're so glad to have you as a cardmember."
Attached on the opposite side is a Starbucks gift card, and when removed, the back side reads "Enjoy a $5 treat on us. #discoverjoy" Awesome!

Personally, I think this is rad. I know it's not a huge deal, but I'll take it considering I'm a level 10 caffeine addict. Also, I find it hilarious considering Chase Freedom has a 5% bonus on Starbucks purchases this quarter. LOL Take THAT Chase! :smileytongue:

Has anyone else received phat lootz from Discover, or any other CCC for that matter? Any stories out there?

(For the record, the back of the card says "Starbucks is not a sponsor of this program.") 

Received mine three months after card opening.

Contributor

Yes!  My husband and I both received this gift card.  But did I read correctly in the responses here that there may be a $2 fee for USING the joyous gift card????

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Senior Contributor

Kind of makes me wonder to what extent card companies track the rewards/perks of competitors.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

CreditControl wrote:

Yes!  My husband and I both received this gift card.  But did I read correctly in the responses here that there may be a $2 fee for USING the joyous gift card????

No, no, no. Don't worry. Use it and you'll get the whole amount for your coffee or whatever you purchase.

I think the $2 or $2.50 that people are talking about is only if you let the card sit without use for a year or more.  I've personally never seen anything like that, but I have used Discover gift cards and always gotten full value and no funny fees.

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also got a Starbucks card from them a few days ago. I was super excited about it, too! I've had their card for around 4 months. I am really starting to like my Discover card more and more. I can't decide for sure, but I might actually like them better than my AMEX. I feel like their customer service reps are better than AMEX's.

photo ScreenShot2013-10-12at111542PM.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo HNY2HNY2.png photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png photo SLM2SLM2.png
$6500 ............ $5400 ............ $5000 ............ $5000............ $4250 ............ $3000 ............ $1000 ............ $1000
In the Garden until at least May 2015.
Contributor

Well, that was nice of them to do.

Valued Contributor

I also just got a complimentary cup of coffee card in the mail. The little Discover folder was kinda nifty.

|

It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny
Contributor

I received the $5 Starbucks card as well from Discover.

There is one Starbucks about 55 miles away, and the next one is 95 miles...

Rather worthless for me.

Goal: 740, Current Scores: EX ~680, EQ ~700, TU ~720, total credit $57,802, utilization %4.

Overstock.com $6800, Walmart MasterCard $6000, Home Depot $5502, Citi Double Cash $5000, Ebates Visa $5000, Discover IT $4000, Amazon Store $4000, Chase Freedom $2200, Victoria's Secret $1950, Sportsman's Guide $1750, Barclay Rewards $1000, OCCU Beaver $500. AU: AMEX BCE $9000, AMEX Blue $5000, Chase Freedom $2000.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.