Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover sent me somebody else's card

tag
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Discover sent me somebody else's card

I converted my Discover More Student card to the Discover it recently. Yesterday I opened up the UPS box that it came in (which was properly labeled with my information) and it ended up being somebody else's card (all the paper work had this other guy's name and address on it). It appears to me that the labels got switched. I called Discover and had them issue me a new credit card number for fear of somebody else having been sent my card.

Has anyone ever had this happen before?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover sent me somebody else's card

That didnt't happen to me , however I changed designs to the american flag card and they sent me two(with my name and account number) with the same design after I requested one...

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 2 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Can you say OOPs?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 11
jagshere
Regular Contributor

LOL! +1

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 4 of 11
ceejx
Established Contributor

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Good thing you shut yours down! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
aplast
Regular Contributor

OP hopefully if they sent your card to someone else, they are as honest as you were. crazy mistake though. Im sure it happens more than we think.

Message 7 of 11
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

One more thing, the customer service rep acted like it was no big deal and said she would send me out a replacement card overnight. I told her to please issue me a new card number.
Message 8 of 11
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

@aplast wrote:

OP hopefully if they sent your card to someone else, they are as honest as you were. crazy mistake though. Im sure it happens more than we think.

In this case, it was because of the label. If it would have been sent to the address on the paperwork, it would have ended up at the right place. Most cards that I'm aware of don't use labels to ship. They just go to the address that prints out on the paperwork that shows through the clear plastic on the envelopes. 

Message 9 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's kind of scary!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.