Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover site pre-approval...

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Discover site pre-approval...

Discover seemed to stop saying "sorry we couldn't find any pre-approved offers..." it just gives you the offers they currently have. unless it says specifically "You have been pre-approved for..." or something similar to that, it's just them telling you what would be good for you based on the answers you provided, for instance, I'm a student, and just out of curiousity clicked "I have excellent credit" (which I don't) and it showed me more, and escape, but if I click "student" it gives me student card, student more, and open road card. 

So, tl;dr

Unless it says "pre-approved" you aren't pre-approved. 

Message 21 of 26
Eschaton
Regular Contributor

I keep getting preapproval offers from Discover in the mail, but when I look it up, it just gives me recommendations too. Not sure how that works.

I also tried Capital One and I have a card with them, says they can't find anything. Kinda weird if you ask me, but I have no interest in apping right now, but I was curious.

Capital One Journey (12/2010) $750 | Chase Freedom (03/2012) $3500 | American Express Zync (03/2012) NSPL | Amazon Prime (08/2018) $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred (10/2018) $8000 | Bank of America Cash Reward 10/2018 $8000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 06/2019 $2700

Experian score: 793 (9/2018)
Message 22 of 26
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm opted out so it doesn't seem to work.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 26
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

So i can't get it to work on any computer i've tried nor on my iPhone either.

I wonder if i'm opted out or whats going on? How would i opt in to see if that would get it to start working?

I'm not ready to apply for a Discover card just yet, but I'd like to get this figured out so when the time comes I can at least check on the pre-approval offers.

It just does the same thing on everything i've tried it on. Lets me enter in all my info, and when i submit it goes to the "processing" screen and just gets stuck there?!?

thanks,

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 24 of 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

I wonder if i'm opted out or whats going on? How would i opt in to see if that would get it to start working?

I'm not ready to apply for a Discover card just yet, but I'd like to get this figured out so when the time comes I can at least check on the pre-approval offers.

It just does the same thing on everything i've tried it on. Lets me enter in all my info, and when i submit it goes to the "processing" screen and just gets stuck there?!?

thanks,

John

Go to https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t to opt/in out. it says opt out pre-screen but there is also an option there to opt in once you go through the process. 

Message 25 of 26
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

thanks,

John

Go to https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t to opt/in out. it says opt out pre-screen but there is also an option there to opt in once you go through the process. 

You think it will make much of a difference to submit my SSN? You think its secure enough to do so?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.