Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover site pre-approval...

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Discover site pre-approval...

@Duncanrr wrote:

Well this is different for me.  I tried the link and was pre-approved.  Last time I did it, a month back I had no pre approved options.  This time it suggested: (1) Discover More, (2) Escape by Discover, (3) Miles by Discover; and (4) Open Road by Discover.  Not thinking of apping but curious.  What are the Credit Score ranges for these cards?

Those that you're showing come up for everyone, they are the Recommended Cards, not pre-approvals.  If you look at the top of the page....Mine says, 

We were unable to find any pre-approved offers for you based on the information provided.

Since we couldn't find you in our records, we are unable to provide you with pre-approved offers. But you may still apply for any offer you choose below.

But then below that are the four cards you mentioned listed as Recommended Cards. Smiley Sad

I may be wrong in your case, but that's how the page appeared for me

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 11 of 26
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

No your right...I checked again Smiley Sad

Oh well, I guess I'll keep gardening my crap cards.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

No your right...I checked again Smiley Sad

Oh well, I guess I'll keep gardening my crap cards.

lol, I hear ya, I never get any good news from those pre-approval sites.  It's like I'm set in their system firewall as potential danger Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 26
gettnthere
Established Contributor

BrokaToe and DUNCANRR, I just had this happen to me. About a month ago I tried the pre-approval and it said they had no records of any offerings for me. But then last night I tried again and it said "CONGRATULATIONS, based on the information you provided you ARE PRE-APPROVED for DISCOVER MORE" and then below that it said "ADDITIONAL OFFERS" and it listed the other 3 cards you both mentioned. Weird thing is, I swear the form I used last month that gave me no offers was totally different than the one I used and got pre-approved for last night?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 26
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I'm thinking that there may be one form to check current offers they have sent out to you or are already in their system and then another form that will actually SP your credit right then and tell you what you are actually pre-approved for. I'm not sure,I could be wrong but thus is what I'm thinking

Message 15 of 26
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

So what link did you go to to get the pre approval?

Message 16 of 26
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congratulations, Justin! You are pre-approved1 for these offers. What does this mean?

Now take the next step and apply to lock in these great rewards, terms and features.

see allNot exactly what you're looking for?View Built-in Benefits with Every Discover Card

Additional Offers

Message 17 of 26
gettnthere
Established Contributor

^this does not look like it thought it would lol but both times i googled discover pre-approval and im swearing up and down that the first one i did was totally different than this one^ i just did to show you guys. i def. could be wrong and not know what the heck im talkin aout but i really think they were different and this time i was pre-approved for 3 diff cards,whereas, a little less than a month ago i was not pre-approved for ANYTHING. the only thing that has changed was i got a FREEDOM card but my score actually dropped a couple of points. i just did the pre-approval again so i could show you guys and this is the link i used. https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOffer/findMyOffer

Message 18 of 26
gamblerx15
New Contributor

out of curiosity i used the link it didnt say preapproved it said recomended offer is that the same thing? they recomended the discover more card.

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 26
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

Well this is different for me.  I tried the link and was pre-approved.  Last time I did it, a month back I had no pre approved options.  This time it suggested: (1) Discover More, (2) Escape by Discover, (3) Miles by Discover; and (4) Open Road by Discover.  Not thinking of apping but curious.  What are the Credit Score ranges for these cards?

Those that you're showing come up for everyone, they are the Recommended Cards, not pre-approvals.  If you look at the top of the page....Mine says, 

We were unable to find any pre-approved offers for you based on the information provided.

Since we couldn't find you in our records, we are unable to provide you with pre-approved offers. But you may still apply for any offer you choose below.

But then below that are the four cards you mentioned listed as Recommended Cards. Smiley Sad

I may be wrong in your case, but that's how the page appeared for me

Mine has just the More and Escape as recommened cards, but without the:

Does that mean I am pre-approved? Discover is throwing major curve balls out on that pre-approval site lately...

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.