Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover student cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover student cards

Is discover strictly on CLI's with student IT chrome cards?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover student cards

When you're a student, it's likely your income is lower than if you had a full-time job. In turn, that will hurt your credit limit, but with Discover, you still should be able to get SP CLIs every 6 months or so with good credit history.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently i have a $2,500 CL

SL was $750.... any potential for me to reach the 5 digits?

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an regular it for students. SL was 1750, currently at 5500 after 15 months on a 30k salary. So while it may not grow as much as a regular one, give it enough time, and it will get to comfortable limits.

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine in July 2016 for SL $750 , currently $2,500

Should I request a SP CLI ? 

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they bump it up to 2500 with an auto CLI? In that case definitely request a SP CLI. No harm in doing so.

I've  never had an auto CLI. I just request a CLI online every month or so. Sometimes they deny the request, but I get an increase the next month. The general consensus is that you can get one every 31,61, or 91 days, with the exact delay depending on the profile. Just don't expect dramatic increases on a student card. I've had 2 500$, 1 750$ and 2 1000$ increases over the months.

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

they bumped me from 750 to 1000 after 6 months on an auto CLI

i had a manual CLI done two months ago from 1000 to 2500

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, you should be good to go for another one. If it doesn't work, try again next month. Rinse, repeat. AFAIK there is no penalty to repeatedly hitting the luv button. It is a card that grows fairly well.

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yup. You could always PC later to the regular IT card, many people are 10,500+ with those on this forum.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yup. You could always PC later to the regular IT card, many people are 10,500+ with those on this forum.

Though I wouldn't recommend it unless you really need a higher limit or until you graduate. With the student card, you can get 20$ in cashback every year just for maintaining a GPA above 3(look up Good Grade Rewards if you haven't already), and there is no difference in the reward structure between the regular and student versions (for the regular it anyway, I see that the chrome card is student only)

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.