Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover transit mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover transit mail

It's been awhile since I've been approved for a discover card. Does anyone know about how long it takes to receive it? I had to call in after app and was approved over the phone. They wanted to make sure that was the version I wanted.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover transit mail

When were you approved?

It took about 10 days for mine to show up in the mail.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:

When were you approved?

May 13.  They had to close my old card to approve the new one with a larger limit for some reason.  Wasn't able to split them like others have done.

was wanting to use it for an engagement ring and would like to "ask" this weekend so was a little anxious

Message 3 of 9
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dalmus wrote:

When were you approved?

May 13.  They had to close my old card to approve the new one with a larger limit for some reason.  Wasn't able to split them like others have done.

was wanting to use it for an engagement ring and would like to "ask" this weekend so was a little anxious

Hey, congrats, man! As far as the Disco, I thought they always sent them priority business or whatever it's called. I remember getting mine in like less than 4 days (maybe even 2) in a beautiful presentation package/box. 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dalmus wrote:

When were you approved?

Should come priority mail IIRC.  no longer than 3-4 days.

What was your old card?  Also, discover, nearly all of their cards, can function as a 4.99% card, via no fee balance transfer.  You also could have just used a hard inquiry to get a limit increase on your card, as well as ask for APR reductions.........

Usually if you have an existing discover card, for over 1 year, you can have a 2nd, but I believe it results in to hard inquiries. I am curious as to why they would not allow you to have two cards, aside from everything else.

Message 5 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It took mine's 10 days. I actually called them at Day 9 and they asked if I wanted them to cancel it. I said no that I would wait another day or 2 and then if I still didn't receive it, I'll call back to cancel. Glad I held out because I got it the next day.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I received my card in about a week.  Discover will overnight you a new card if you call and ask...they're pretty decent like that.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my own Discover It six days after I was approved (March 22 - 28). It came in a priority mail box with USPS tracking (and once again let me say that using free USPS parcel-tracking and daily Informed Delivery services will make your life a lot easier). This long a delay is definitely unusual so you should keep on them about it.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, didn't come today so hopefully tomorrow or I'll have to do the proposal another time.

One person said it was mailed last Tuesday, another last Friday and today I was told it was mailed Monday. Lol
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.