+ 1300 at 60ish days
Message 291 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@Anonymous wrote:
+ 1300 at 60ish days
@+ 800 @ 31 days

So, that's a net $500 increase over your monthly push of the button!  I'd say 60 days would be more optimal and the next one might be $1K+ more than your $800 series.  Just keep your head down and don't app for anything you don't need and your success will continue!  Smiley Happy   It's a marathon with Disco but, all we have is time anyway right?  
Message 292 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requested CLI online instant $500 on slidebar.  . 

Discover IT approved Oct 29, 2016. $6500.  Spend about $500 per month.  Put $1k in Dec and paid half in Jan and the other half just before Feb statement cut.  4th statement just cut on 2/10 with a zero balance. 

Discover Fico 662 as of 2/6.  Chap 13 BK discharged Jan 2016. 

Message 293 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already got the calendar set for 60 days!
Message 294 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested CLI online instant $500 on slidebar.  . 

Discover IT approved Oct 29, 2016. $6500.  Spend about $500 per month.  Put $1k in Dec and paid half in Jan and the other half just before Feb statement cut.  4th statement just cut on 2/10 with a zero balance. 

Discover Fico 662 as of 2/6.  Chap 13 BK discharged Jan 2016. 

That's amazing progress considering the BK being so fresh!  The first 6 months can be kind of hit or miss leading into the bigger increases. Just keep up the good work and don't go overboard with new apps and it will really start growing.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/My-first-year-with-Discover-Data-Points/m-p/4705523

Message 295 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autstinguy907- Thanks for the advice.  I will definately do that.  I am committed to stay in the garden for at least a year. 

Message 296 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the wife and I were just approved so now the clock starts for the first CLI.

She has the Discover it Cash with a starting credit line of $6900 with 14.49% APR

I went for the Discover It Miles and have a $9500 starting credit line with 11.49% APR

We are strategizing on how to best use the 0% introductory and balance transfer offers. Really looking forward to seeing the credit lines grow if there’s any money left in Discover’s pockets Smiley LOL.

Message 297 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Trust me there's plenty of $$$$ left in their pockets.  I've been on a roll for the past 4 months to the tune of 18K+ in CLI's.  Double teaming them is a good strategy though with your dueling limits!  Don't worry about the 0% periods either since after they expire they're likely to give you more when you ask for them on chat. 

Message 298 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Great website here! I'm overloaded with reading!! First post!!!

I have a Discover secured I opened in August of 2016. It has a $1k limit and I use it like crazy and pay it of every month...multiple times a month actually. I'm coming up on the seven month mark next month and wondered if it would be beneficial to put another $1k onto it to raise the limit before that?  I spend about $1500 a month on it but have to make several payments monthly which sucks.  I also currently have a Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards credit card with a $1500 limit. I started with a $1k secured card with them and after a year they swapped it to a cash rewards visa with the $1500 CL.  I also have a $300 CL Cap One Quiksilver One.  I have a small $5k loan with Fairwinds as well on my car I took out just to help with the rebuild from a divorce. Scores are currently in the 670-690 range depending on the CB. They were in the 500's about 1.5 years ago so it's been a good climb! Thanks in advance!!

Message 299 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@rmm140 wrote:

It has a $1k limit and I use it like crazy and pay it of every month...multiple times a month actually. sometimes this pays off but, just doing normal spending and not grinding it down with tons of swipes can be productive as well... Disco is an odd duck and sometimes less (spend) is more (CLI).

I'm coming up on the seven month mark next month and wondered if it would be beneficial to put another $1k onto it to raise the limit before that? see above

I spend about $1500 a month on it but have to make several payments monthly which sucks. shouldn't be a negative but, pulling back and just use 10%, let it report, autopay could result in some good results

I also currently have a Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards credit card with a $1500 limit. 2nd card is good as optimal scoring is 3 cards + installment 

I also have a $300 CL Cap One Quiksilver One. this should grow with time every 6 months is your schedule for hitting the CLI button

I have a small $5k loan with Fairwinds as well on my car I took out just to help with the rebuild from a divorce. this is good for diversity and scoring

Scores are currently in the 670-690 range depending on the CB. you're in prime territory to keep things moving up w/o any more apps for awhile.  just take your time and don't get caught up in the app craze you see around here sometimes

Message 300 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.