Opened 3/7/17 CL $1k

No Auto CLI at Day 90, Denied manual CLI 6/8

Waited for 3rd statement to cut, Denied manual CLI 6/20

Going to try for 7/20

Message 641 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

3-5 day message received again on this fine Monday.

Message 642 of 1,821
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Is there a reason you guys sometimes apply for CLI in less than month from a previous denied request?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 643 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

Is there a reason you guys sometimes apply for CLI in less than month from a previous denied request?

I know for me during my first year thread - here it was purely an experiment to figure out the timing schedule for several weeks I would push the button on Monday's.

Sometimes there's a chance you may have missed timing things out by a day or two so, some go back and hit it again to make sure.

Some may think that brute force will get a CLI out of them Smiley Very Happy

Message 644 of 1,821
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Do you think Discover is predicting an economic downturn?

History of my credit
Message 645 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

No, I thnking they're hedging things a bit due to higher than predicted issues during 1st quarter losses. I also think the fix that was applied reset a few things that had been working for a couple of years like the 2-day is now the no-day and predictable periods of time are now nill if you've been too sucessful in the prior 24 months yet allowing those with lower limits to continue growth.  

Unless any of us are working for or running Discover we won't ever truly know what's going on behind the scenes Smiley Wink

Message 646 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

I've been trying every Monday for months now.  I just want to know very close to the date that I am due for a CLI and by checking often I'll catch that point quicker most likely.  Then, based on that, I can start to form a plan to deternine when the next one may be (30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc).

Message 647 of 1,821
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

I've been trying every Monday for months now.  I just want to know very close to the date that I am due for a CLI and by checking often I'll catch that point quicker most likely.  Then, based on that, I can start to form a plan to deternine when the next one may be (30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc).

So is requesting CLI low risk? I heard that requesting CLI too much can lead to CLD. I wouldn't know for Discover though.

History of my credit
Message 648 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

So is requesting CLI low risk? I heard that requesting CLI too much can lead to CLD. I wouldn't know for Discover though.

I'm still fairly new to doing this, so it's all just a guess on my part...but I, speaking strictly for my own self, wouldn't want to try more than once a month on any of my cards. As to Discover itself, I plan to try the button again on or around July 10th (30-day anniversary of my previous CLI), and if that doesn't work, switch to a 60-day schedule per the other thread (see "Discover not granting CLI's anymore") starting from August 10th or thereabouts.

Message 649 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

It depends on profile.  For someone like me that never reports above 1% utilization on Discover, but I often show them a $2k+ spend during a cycle, there is zero risk in me getting a CLD.  They would have no reason to.  CLDs come to those that pose a risk.  If you have someone sitting at 70%-80% utilization on Discover that's only making minimum payments or slightly more that keeps hitting the CLI button, it's clear they are a greater risk.  Something like that could lead to a CLD, but CLDs rarely come from high utilization in and of itself.  Usually it takes one adverse event like missing a payment coupled with high utilization to cause a creditor to take action.

I know someone that has 7 credit cards right now and 5 of them have been completely maxed out for over 6 months.  Since they continue to make on-time payments, none of the creditors have taken AA.  I can say with 100% confidence though that if they missed even a single payment, not only would that creditor take AA but probably all of them would initiate CLDs once they got wind of the late payment, as that shoots risk level through the roof.

Message 650 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.