Did you mean: 

Discover update before statement

tag
fargobzn
Contributor

Re: Discover update before statement

@dave024 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

it seems Discover are good at f***ing things up. It hasn't even been up to a week I was approved for the It card, as a matter of fact I haven't even received the card yet and they already reported the new account to all 3 bureaus. Now im just confused as to what to do cos I was planning to apply to DCU/NASA before the new accounts I had acquired lately start showing up but Discover already made its way to my report. And im quite sure I might be declined on the grounds of new account smh... Thumbs down Discover!!!

I would expect a new card to report quickly. My last new card, the Sportsman's Guide Visa, reported days after my approval. When I do multiple applications later this year I am planning on doing them all the same day. 

It took a couple of months for my Discover card to report. 

Message 11 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@dave024 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

it seems Discover are good at f***ing things up. It hasn't even been up to a week I was approved for the It card, as a matter of fact I haven't even received the card yet and they already reported the new account to all 3 bureaus. Now im just confused as to what to do cos I was planning to apply to DCU/NASA before the new accounts I had acquired lately start showing up but Discover already made its way to my report. And im quite sure I might be declined on the grounds of new account smh... Thumbs down Discover!!!

I would expect a new card to report quickly. My last new card, the Sportsman's Guide Visa, reported days after my approval. When I do multiple applications later this year I am planning on doing them all the same day. 

the earliest it took a card I was approved for to report was a month and I think that was Bank Of America, the others were somewhere in the 2-3months timeframe. this gotta be the first time I seen such immediate reporting. And I strongly advise u to do all the application same day, if possible back to back. This is what I did

Message 12 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@fargobzn wrote:

@dave024 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

hey quick question, what's the validity or expiration date for ya It card? Like how long is it issued for? Im trying to set up the online access and it requires the expiration date and im trying to see if I can figure mine out based on how long Discover cards are normally issued for. I never seen a Discover card before sounds crazy but very true lol

Message 13 of 18
fargobzn
Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@fargobzn wrote:

@dave024 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

hey quick question, what's the validity or expiration date for ya It card? Like how long is it issued for? Im trying to set up the online access and it requires the expiration date and im trying to see if I can figure mine out based on how long Discover cards are normally issued for. I never seen a Discover card before sounds crazy but very true lol

It is valid for five years from the month I was approved. 

Message 14 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

in that case my expiration may be 05/2019. Lemme see if it works... and one last question u got urs recently or a long time ago? thanks

Message 15 of 18
fargobzn
Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

in that case my expiration may be 05/2019. Lemme see if it works... and one last question u got urs recently or a long time ago? thanks

I got my card last summer. 

Message 16 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

damnnn it worked for me, thanks... much appreciated!

Message 17 of 18
dave024
New Contributor

fargobzn wrote

It took a while for my Discover card to report as well. I don't remember exactly. What I was saying is that if I was expecting to do multiple applications I would do them as quickly together as possible. I would not wait two weeks after applying to do another one then get upset that a new account was already reporting.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.