Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover updating

tag
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Discover updating

Hello everyone!  I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with Discover updating monthly?  I PCed from Discover Open to Discover More last month and now it seems that Discover is not updating on my credit report.  Is this happening to any one else? 
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Discover updating

Yes, they are still updating.  You can expect to see the update on your EX report a day or two after your new statement generates. 
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently changed my payment date and it took them one month to update my CR because the pay date I chose was too close to my statement date...
Message 3 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently changed my payment date and it took them one month to update my CR because the pay date I chose was too close to my statement date...

Same here. My statement normally updates on the 19th.  Since I changed my due date to the 1st, I haven't received an update or statement yet.  

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this is true or not, but the CSR told me that they report every Friday..I have not been able to confirm this with my own account.  EX usually updates the day after my statement date, TU a few days later.  EQ takes forever!  My last statement cut on the 20th and both EX and TU have updated.  Still waiting on EQ!
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed my date in sometime in MId-October and and they told me that my next payment date was in December!  But they did finally update mid-Nov...I left a small balance carry in Sept and even though I had PIF in October, my CR's showed the balance for 2 months!  I won't do that again.  Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

CMS2012 wrote:
Not sure if this is true or not, but the CSR told me that they report every Friday
..I have not been able to confirm this with my own account.  EX usually updates the day after my statement date, TU a few days later.  EQ takes forever!  My last statement cut on the 20th and both EX and TU have updated.  Still waiting on EQ!

Not true.  I doubt if Discover has that type of manpower to do that. 

Message 7 of 21
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

That is just it.  My statement cut on the 10th of this month and EXP and TU have still not updated.  Normally, my CR is updated for Discover on the 12th or 13th of the month for EXP and around the 17th for TU.  But nothing as of today. 
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to call them yet?  Only asking b/c I would love to know the answer!
Message 9 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@Romeoo47 wrote:
That is just it.  My statement cut on the 10th of this month and EXP and TU have still not updated.  Normally, my CR is updated for Discover on the 12th or 13th of the month for EXP and around the 17th for TU.  But nothing as of today. 

Whatever you do, don't dispute with the the CRA's.  You don't want to end up with the statement 'customer disputes account' on the tradeline. TU is reluctant to take the statement off. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.