Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover, you serious?

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover, you serious?

so if the normal consumer that doesn't know better had an unauthorised card issued in his/her name, they wouldn't have a clue.

i have come to enjoy AMEX and USAA sites, very best experiences for me. 

and NASA...uhhhhg...  i can't even figure out how to add funds to my savings account every month, still at 5 USD. any help would be appreciated.

Message 11 of 27
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Three Discover Cards here (two More, one It).  I've always had three Discover logins.  One of them also shows my two Discover checking accounts and one savings account.  Never thought it was that much of a big deal.

Chris.

Oh it's a big deal.  I have a Discover IT account and a Discover checking/savings account.  When I login to the CC account, it states the following;

"We are unable to load your Discover Bank Account(s). Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-xxx-xxxx so we can verify your social security number."

Meh, I tried contacting CS to no avail.  CSR indicated they are aware of the issue and that it may or may not be fixed in the future.  Same issue with the app.  However, I do know for a fact that some people are able to see their credit card and banking information form the same location in the app and or website.  Apparently, if you had to verify information when opening the checking account (like I did), the accounts did not get merged.  If the checking account was approved automatically, then the accounts were successfully merged.  I do not know about multiple credit cards from one source, but as the OP stated this unacceptable at our timeframe in history.  I have three credit cards with Chase and can vew all of them from one source - the way God intended it to be.

Message 12 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Three Discover Cards here (two More, one It).  I've always had three Discover logins.  One of them also shows my two Discover checking accounts and one savings account.  Never thought it was that much of a big deal.

Chris.

Oh it's a big deal.  I have a Discover IT account and a Discover checking/savings account.  When I login to the CC account, it states the following;

"We are unable to load your Discover Bank Account(s). Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-xxx-xxxx so we can verify your social security number."

Meh, I tried contacting CS to no avail.  CSR indicated they are aware of the issue and that it may or may not be fixed in the future.  Same issue with the app.  However, I do know for a fact that some people are able to see their credit card and banking information form the same location in the app and or website.  Apparently, if you had to verify information when opening the checking account (like I did), the accounts did not get merged.  If the checking account was approved automatically, then the accounts were successfully merged.  I do not know about multiple credit cards from one source, but as the OP stated this unacceptable at our timeframe in history.  I have three credit cards with Chase and can vew all of them from one source - the way God intended it to be.

Oh wow, mine were both on the same login from day one.  Never realized there are some whose Discover checking and CCs aren't combined.

Message 13 of 27
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Well if you have one checking account and a credit card you can combine them under the same login, but if you have more than one credit card then you are SOL.

ATM my Discover IT (5% card) + My checking account with them are under one loging.

My Discover IT Chrome card is under a separate login.

This whole thing is really stupid.

If I decide to open up a Discover Savings god knows which account they will link things up...

Seriously whoever thought this was a good idea I hope they are out of work! Imagine how much fire people would get if WF/BoA/Chase started doing the above...

This alone is an instant turnoff.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 14 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris.

I have the checking account disappear with some similar strange comment that does not make sense during their maintenance hours on week ends.. just try again on Monday and if it stays you call again. Unfortunately I did not read the error message to the end as I am used to it on week-end nights but it comes back up normally for me and in the same account as the Discover IT card. After 18 months seeing regularly such comments it does not worry me anymore Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 27
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

True, but in all honesty most major institutions do it, not sure why such a huge lender like Discover doesn't do this...just more headache...can you imaggine the nightmare if you had to do this with every financial institution? Oh god!

Most of the majors have high percentage of customers with multiple accounts so it was needed. Discover probably has a very small segment with two cards but I agree, it makes things easier for the consumer.

Message 16 of 27
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

I just came to complain about this but I see someone already did.

Citi did this to me as well. I have 4 citi cards (well 3 now that I cancelled my simplicity) and they made my HHonors card have a separate login. Ugh. 

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are the biggest bunch of complainers.  Calm down.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Commenity, Synchrony, Discover are the 3 I know of that require multiple logins (although some have multiples like Old Navy/Banana/Gap are 1 login if you have the 3 cards).  Synchrony originated cards are 1 login (ie. CarCareOne and CareCredit are one login)

Citi Shell card supposedly allows me to link multiple accounts but I am still stuck at a login for each because I get an error when trying to link 2 cards to 1 account.

Capital One to an extent requires separate logins for co-branded cards like Kohl's.

AMEX is combined except for SERVE which requires its own account.

Message 19 of 27
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

All of my American Express cards have different log ins. I can think of just as many good reason to make them seperate as to have a combined one.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.