Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovercard CLI Button

tag
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

Discovercard CLI Button

i just login this morning to my account and i see Request increase button so is it soft or hard pull ?

>
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Discovercard CLI Button

I had it all of May. I clicked it in the first few days, filled out the form and nothing. Every subsequent click resulted in a message saying it would take 2 business days and my request was still pending. I don't think it works but I cash tell you it was neither a SP or HP.
Message 2 of 18
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Funny, but when I logged in a couple minutes ago, that request increase button has been replaced with a request loan button!

Message 3 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

My CLI option disappeared a long time ago and havent seen it since ..been over 8 months.

Message 4 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

It is there for me... I hit it last month and they declined me. Then it went away for a few days and came back. Not going to bother hitting it again for now.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

When I go to help, I see it and when i click, it gives me a number to call.

So if one has the option? Is it a SP or FP?

I guess i will be forever stuck at $6500

Message 6 of 18
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

When you click the button you will either be told to call in or given a form to fill out with income / personal info. The call in to the CSR is usually (almost always) a hard pull. If you fill out the form it will ask how much CLI do you want. Then the system responds with we can increase you by XX. If you need more call in. That increase is a soft. If you call in then it's back to hard pull. At least this has been my experience. When I get the call in I just cancel out of the request.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 18
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Just did this a couple of days ago.  The first portion asks for income and employment and the amount you would like.  I entered an amount that apparently was above some threshold so it came back with a message that a hard pull woul dbe necessary to see if I was allowed that much.  I did not continue and just cancelled the request, then I went into it again and asked for less and the system came back with a message that I could not be approved for that much but they counter offered.  Interesting because the counter offer was the same amount I asked for.  Say yes and boom you have the new amount.

Message 8 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

Ok so the only way for me is a HP, i'll pass

Message 9 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

Under Help Center I see

Request a Credit Line Increase
Request a Credit Line Decrease

I think I will wait til I am atleast 6 months of having the card, be getting my 2nd statement Monday and it still has not reported to CRA's

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.