Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovercard CLI Button

tag
jla84
Regular Contributor

Re: Discovercard CLI Button

I hit it a few days ago (my account just hit 8 months). Filled out the form and asked for $3000, taking my initial $3000 CL to $6000. It was instantly approved, but it also said if I wanted more, I'd have to call in, which I believe is a HP. If you just take what they give you after filling out the form it's a SP. The funny thing is that the CLI request button is still there. But I'm not going to try again for another 6 months. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Always heard good things about discover customer service for cli. I would just call and ask for max line without hard inquiry. I think reps know what they are doing.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 18
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@jla84 wrote:

I hit it a few days ago (my account just hit 8 months). Filled out the form and asked for $3000, taking my initial $3000 CL to $6000. It was instantly approved, but it also said if I wanted more, I'd have to call in, which I believe is a HP. If you just take what they give you after filling out the form it's a SP. The funny thing is that the CLI request button is still there. But I'm not going to try again for another 6 months. 

Can you tell me how much do you charge on the card each month?  My Discover card is one year old with inital 1000CL, and got one CLI of $500 every six months, so it's $2000 CL now.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 13 of 18
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Good to know, thanks for the info. I had a snafu with Citi back in February resulting in a HP. I hit the LUV button for my Discover and was a little intimidated by the CLI form, lots of questions, didn't know if it was a SP or HP for sure. I'll give it a whirl once my balance goes down next month.

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 14 of 18
jla84
Regular Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:
Can you tell me how much do you charge on the card each month?  My Discover card is one year old with inital 1000CL, and got one CLI of $500 every six months, so it's $2000 CL now.

Probably less than $500 a month. I should also note that this thread is pretty old and I've since gotten an auto CLI and then a second customer initiated CLI that I did through the phone.

Can't really explain why Discover seems to like me so much. I'm waiting until the summer to ask them to bring my CL up to $10K (I'm at $9200 now), but given that Discover is notorious for being conservative I won't hold my breath. We'll see what happens!

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

They might as well take my button away, I click it and a monkey laughs at me NO CLI FOR YOU!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

The option is on my account permanently but everytime I try it.....DENIED

Message 17 of 18
carlismycat
New Contributor

I clicked on request a credit line increase, and got sn errorpage,saying it couldn't process tbe page. I called tbeir 1-800# and spoke with someone who took my info. I asked her if it wasa sp or hp . She told me its a sp at first , but sometimes depending on the system it will need to do a hp to gain further info. zshe was very kind and polite. She told me I could back out of the application if it needed a hp. I proceeded. It did need a HP, to ehich I decided to take the chance. I don.t know if it matters what the answer is, but when I was transferred to the person who pulls the credit and approves it, heasked why I wanted to increase my limit. I told him I had been reading up on how credit works and trying to esfablish/build better credit score and it wasn't that I wanted to spend more. I nicely stated how I try to pif as best I can and have stayed under 1,000. with a current balance of 500, out of a limit of 3,750. and yeah I know I probsbly sounded like I was butt kissing. lol

Anyway, I got approved for a 2,000. increase making it 5,750. my highest limit to date. I wasso nervous because my faco scores were in the mid 700's, last month and my fico score was only 670 when I looked earlier this month.
Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.