Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discvoer Convience Cheques

tag
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Discvoer Convience Cheques

Has anyone here ever requested Discover Cash Access Cheques? I clicked the link a few times on my acount, and It just kept reloading the current page. I hope it didnt put in 50 billion request for checks....Is there like a confirmation page? For anyone who has ordered them in the past

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discvoer Convience Cheques

I believe the website states that these are treated as a cash advance. Why not do a BT from Discover and only pay the 5% fee as opposed to the cash advance rate?
Message 2 of 4
randeman
Frequent Contributor

I didn't need to request them.  They just started sending them.  Actually, I called asked them to stop sending them as I was afraid someone would get their hands on them for nefarious reasons.  I didn't mention that when I called, but the guy did point out that they had zero liability like the card, but they still make me a bit paranoid.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 3 of 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I used to get them automatically all the time, but I requested them to stop. They're a terrible, terrible deal especially now that so many other ccs offer genuine BT checks. Those checks were one of the few things I haven't liked about Discover.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.